Jumps Racing - Wednesday, 21st of December

1:00 Ludlow - Nosecond Chance - 2pts @ 5/1 (Bet365) Unless there's plenty of rain at Ludlow, the ground mightn't be soft enough for the relatively short-priced favourite to run up to his best and as a result, it's probably best to look elsewhere. Nosecond Chance looks like the one to oppose him with and although I don't particularly like backing last time out winners, Charlie Mann's 5-year-old looks more than capable of defying an 8lb rise in the weights and looks overpriced to do so at 5/1. Connections are now stepping him up to this 2m 4f, which, at this sharp track, should be well within his range and could bring out even further improvement in this lightly-raced, progressive animal. Nosecond Chance won a modest 9-runner handicap over 2-miles at Hereford last time out, getting up in the closing stages despite looking to have a slim chance of winning with a couple of flights still to go. In the end, he made up plenty of ground to catch the potentially useful leader and although that animal was a bit unlucky to lose, due to jumping to his left constantly, he looks to be a decent benchmark (plus they were a long way clear of the rest). That run suggests that Mann's charge should be even better over a longer trip and gets exactly that today. His sound jumping is also an asset and if he's in a similar mood today, he should go well in what looks to be another modest contest. The yard have a great record at this track, as does the jockey, and this animal looks in with a good chance of running another big race. 5/1 is a bit too big and small/medium win stakes will do the job.

Re: Jumps Racing - Wednesday, 21st of December Ludlow 1.00 Tenzing 1pt EW - 14/1 Bet365 VC Was starting to stay on when falling lto. Still unexposed over fences and off feather weight, I think he might run better than his price suggests. Trainer is in good form and Tom O'Brien has been booked again. 1.30 Mark Twain 2pt EW - 4/1 Boyle His run lto represents really good form and the horses from the race have all run pretty well lately. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't build on that and should be competitive off this mark. Trainer is in great form after a quiet spell and I think if he beats the fav, he'll most probably win the race. Ffos Las 2.45 Horsham Lad 2pt EW - 3/1 BetFred Unlucky to be brought down when starting to stay on at Newbury lto. Won really well before that and I would expect him to continue improving. This ground and trip will suit, but the worry is the form of the yard, which is in a quiet spell at the minute. Paddy Brennan is back on the horse however and I think he's well handicapped, so I'll have an interest.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.