Jump Racing - Fri 2nd Dec

1:55 Sandown Simonsig 3pt - 2/1 (Betfred) Jump City 1pt - 8.8/1 (Betfair) Sizing Symphony 1pt - 10.5/1 (Betfair) I really think Fingal Bay is poor value here. His form lto, although a grade 2, doesn't amount to much. The horse in second hasn't achieved anything, and I remember Nicholls in an interview saying Polisky wasn't up to much. He made a pretty bad blunder and still won well enough, but you'd expect that from a 4/5 shot. Faces markedly better opposition today, and comes here on the back of two pretty close together races, so it might've taken more out of him that in looks. There's also a ground doubt from Hobbs. It might be foolish to take on this unbeaten grade two winner with Simonsig, who's never raced in graded company, but I'll try anyway. He's yet to come off bridle in any race, will like the good ground and looks to have bags of speed, trained by Henderson but is the second fav. If you take out Fingal he'd be easily odds-on, and with my doubts about the fav I think he's a good bet at 2/1. He jumped really well on debut so looks to have no problem in that regard either. Sizing Symphony warrants respect and comes here after easily beating a Nicholls horse at Cheltenham in October. He's only rated two pounds inferior to Fingal Bay yet is a huge price in comparison, and left the impression that there's a lot more to come. Jump City is the other danger, who's form is stacking up fairly well and despite not being visually impressive lto, looked to need a step-up in trip as he stayed on powerfully and looked to be getting better at the finish.

Re: Jump Racing - Fri 2nd Dec 2:30 Sandown Golan Way 2pt EW - 10/1 (William Hill) Worth a speculative bet on this high class chaser, who may well be able to get a soft lead and dictate. Quinz ran a really disappointing race on return and is left with something to prove. Boston's Angel is the one to beat on form but he won a poor RSA, a race from which the winners don't always go on, and he unseated last time out. At 13/8 he isn't worth chancing. Benbane head has a bit to find on form and Royal Charm looks a bit overrated and exposed, might not like a great test of stamina either. Golan Way looks a great each-way bet at the prices imo.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.