EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - DEC 2011

Sport Ice Hockey
Event HV71 - Djurgardens
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 01/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.85
Reasoning Today in the Elitserien I will look into the match at the Kinnarps Arena where the HV71 will be hosting the Djurgardens. This will be the 3rd meeting of the season with none of them having success on home ice in the first two, HV71 winning at Ericsson Globe 3-2 and Djurgardens here at Kinnarps 2-1. HV71 is now ranking 2nd in the league with 45 points, 16-8-2, 83:66 goals, going through a week period, last time handing over the leader spot to Brynas with a loss on road, 3-4 and by so extend the losing streak to 3. They will have some problems with injuries in this one, with Trygg, Standberg, Tholander and Fasth out for this one but with good news as well, with Piros and Thornberg back in the lineup. Djurgardens, just 9th with 35 points, 12-10-3, 62:68 goals, giving up their 2nd one in their last 3, this time at home against MODO, 3-5. They will only miss Carlsson for this one. Even though the HV71 are in a bit of a slump lately, winning just 2 of their last 7, with 3 straight losses at Kinnarps Arena, I think they have a good chance despite their injuries, against Djurgardens who even though has a better record then on home ice, they are still a pretty inconsistent team this season, unable to connect more then 2 wins in a row. No surprise in my oppinion with HV71 who after 8 wins in 9 games played at Kinnarps they gave up the next 3 in a row because that`s how hockey goes sometimes. Like I said I am confident that they will do a better job this time, coming to this with a +12 goals against -6 of Djurgardens on road, losing 3 of their last 4 where we add a 0-5 shutout at AIK. Win HV71 in regular time is my pick.

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - DEC 2011 KalPa – HIFK 44 22 34 | 2.27 4.55 2.94 | ML: 1.77 2.29 | AHC -0.5: 2.27 1.79 | AHC -1: 2.83 1.55 O/U 5.5: 40 60 | 2.50 1.67 | O/U 4.5: 1.80 2.25 | O/U 5: 2.12 1.90 The top match of the day. KalPa have been excellent, though they have gained more points than they would have deserved. But they all count, and there are reasons why KalPa are at the top of the table. HIFK have improved lately, and they are finally looking like their former (championship) themselves. This match will be difficult for them though. HIFK have the better material, but as a team KalPa may be still one step ahead of them. HIFK have some players still in suspension and injured. They signed a new goalie, Dennis Endras, who will make his début today. KalPa are the favourites, but I would believe that HIFK would like to play for their new goalie – sometimes HIFK tend to be a little cocky on their defensive area. The odds are about right. Some time ago you could get HIFK ML 2.40 at Pinnacle, but now the odds are 2.34. It has IMO still some tiny value, but the odds could get higher within the next hour. I think it's at least worth checking.

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - DEC 2011

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Ingolstadt ERC - Eisbaren Belin
Selection Ingolstadt ERC -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 02/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.50
Reasoning Another round of the german DEL will be played today and the match that I`m interested in is the one at Saturn Arena where there will be a heck of a meeting between the Ingolstadt ERC and the Eisbaren Berlin. This actually will be their 3rd meeting of the season with the Eisbaren winning the first two, once at home and once on road (3-2, 5-4) but in both situation going to distantce (penalty shots and overtime). This pick will be based on the success that Ingolstadt is having so far this season, ranking 3rd with 40 points (2 less then the leader Hamburg), 13-6-3 record and 67:56 goals, coming from their 4th win in their last 5 games, this time on road, 4-3 against the Hannover Scorpions and the fact that Eisbaren who has been one of the top teams in the league in the last few years is showing signs of backing up, now 6th with 34 points, 13-7-0, 66:54 goals. The Berlin team is in modest shape lately, losing their 2nd straight match by a difference of at least 2 goals (at home, 4-6 to Krefeld after 2-5 at Wolfsburg), winning just 2 of their last 5. Ingolstadt is a balanced team on home ice with 7-3-1 and on road where they are the best in the league with 6-3-2. With the form factors of the recent games I think that Ingolstadt has a good chance to break the ice for the first time this season, one clue that the Eisbaren dominance in the DEL was somewhat fading is that last season they gave up 5 out of 8 against the ERC, only once not by 2 or more goals. I will add to this streak of Eisbaren the fact that they have now lost 4 of their last 5 road games. So my pick will be for Ingolstadt ERC to win it by 2 or more goals today, take advantage of these things and break the ice.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event SaiPa - Jyvaskyla
Selection Jyvaskyla -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 3.00
Reasoning Today in the finnish SM-Liiga the JYP Jyvaskyla will head to Kisapuiston jäähalli to meet just for the 2nd time this season the SaiPa after a 5-4OT win at home for the JYP in the first. Jyvaskyla, 7th in the league with 42 points, 15-12-1 and 68:54 goals started the season very modestly, winning just 1 of their first 7, but it looks like they are pass that, in their previous round getting a clear 6-0 win at home over Tappara, their 2nd in their last 3 games. On the other side, SaiPa is steam a little team, bottom of the table (14th), 8-14-5 and 63:81 goals they gave up last time their 6th of their last 7 games, at Tappara, 0-1OT. The form favors Jyvaskyla at the moment who in their last 10 they are 7-3-0, 29:12 goals, while SaiPa is doing a modest job with just 3-4-3, 19:23 goals. SaiPa is the worst team in the league on home ice, 4-7-2, 31:35 and most importantly they haven`t changed that lately, losing now 6 of their last 7, last 3 in a row. Jyvaskyla is a decent team on road, and I think they have the first chance of blowing this match away against the weekest team in the league. Win by 2 or more goals, Jyvaskyla.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kladno - Sparta Prague
Selection Sparta Prague -1.5 (Asian-handicap)
Strength 10/10
Date 04/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 3.20
Reasoning Today in the czech Extraliga the Sparta Prague will head to Zimní Stadion to meet the Kladno for the third time this season with the visitors having no luck after the first two, both won by today`s hosts. Sparta Prague is leading the league with 53 points, 17-3-6 record, 81:50, 2nd best offense and best defense, coming from their 4th straight win, at home against the Slavia Prague, 2-1OT. On the other side, Kladno has shown something different after the team was bought by the great Jagr (@Flyers) but still they are just 9th with 36 points, 12-12-2 record, and 65:71 goals. In the previous round they were getting their 2nd loss in a row, on road to Kometa Brno, 0-1, winning just 4 of their last 10 now. I Sparta lost some games in their last 10, those were on home ice, but when it comes to road games they are at their best, actually they are the best in the league 10-2-2, 48:28 goals and on a 5-game winning streak. Kladno although way better on home ice (8-5-1) then on road (4-7-1) so far this season, they are still a modest team and I think that Sparta Prague starts with the first chance in this one. Counting the fact the difference in form, the record between the two (Kladno`s record at homea against Sparta`s record on road) and the fact that Kladno are just +7 in goals at Zimní Stadion and Sparta is +20 on road, best in the league, I think that the team from Prague who won 4 of their last 5 by 2 or more goals could do it here again. Win by 2 or more goals Sparta Prague.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Brynas - Skelleftea
Selection 2
Strength 10/10
Date 05/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 3.00
Reasoning Today in the swedish Elitserien I propose to you the match at Läkerol Arena where Brynas Gavle will be hosting the Lulea HF. Previous meetings this season: Lulea - BRYNAS 5-6OT Brynas - LULeA 0-1 After a good 4-game winning streak, Brynas (13-4-2-9 / W-Wo-Lo-L) , 2nd in the league with 49 points gave up the leader`s spot to HV-71 in the previous round because of a loss on road against the Timra IK, 1-3. Today`s hosts will have Simon Lof, Johan Holmqvist, Sebastian Lauritzen, Jonas Nordquist and Andreas Dackell out for this one. Lulea (11-2-7-7) is not so far behind, ranking 5th with 44 points, coming from their 2nd loss of the last 3, at home against the Djurgardens, letting down a 2-0 lead for 4-5OT in the end. Today`s guests won`t be able to use players like Luke Kilstrom, Sebastian Enterfeldt, Daniel Mannberg si Cam Abbott. Even though the recent form somewhat favors Brynas, they haven`t been that decisive on home ice, being the best in the league in road games, but at Läkerol Arena are 6-2-0-6. So with goalie Holmqvist out of the lineup, the one who played better so far this season with 92.07 SVS% in 27 games played (compared to Svedberg, 91.25 SVS% in 25 games) along with point producers like Lauritzen, Nordquist, I think Brynas will be weeker today and it`s a good chance for them to get their 2nd straight loss. Lulea is a decent team when on road, actually a little bit more convincing then on home ice, with a 5-2-1-6 record, on a 4-game winning streak, beating in the previous two road games good teams like Skelleftea (3-2OT) and HV-71 (3-1). Win Lulea HF in regular time is my pick for this one.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Eisbaren Berlin - Hannover
Selection Eisbaren Berlin
Strength 10/10
Date 06/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.60
Reasoning Eisbaren finally started to look like a team that is among the favorites for the title this season. The team won their last two games (both away from home), both against very tough opponents. Today they play at home against one of the worst teams in the division Hannover and everything else than a win for them will be very big upset. Eisbaren don't have a win in regular time at home in the last three games and it's time to get back on the write way at their arena. Hannover is the team in worst form in DEL in the last ten game. They have only one win after over time in those ten mathes and it came at home against Koln. As visitors so far this season Hannover have eight defeats from eleven games and today against one of the best teams in the division I don't see them making some surprise. Eisbaren won both games against Hannover so far this season - as visitors with 3:1 and at home with 6:1.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Visp - Chaux de Fonds
Selection 1
Strength 10/10
Date 06/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 2.00
Reasoning Today my pick will be from the National League B, 2nd ice hockey league of Swizerland with the Chaux de Fonds heading to Litternahalle to meet the EHC Visp for the 3rd time this season. In the previous two Visp came on top in both occassions, once on road by 5-3 and once at home by 4-2. Chaux de Fonds is now ranking 4th in the league with 42 points, 13-1-1-10, 88:75 goals, snapped a 2-game losing streak with a win at home over Ajoie, 5-3, still with just 4 positive results in their last 10. On the other side, Visp is 2nd with 49 points, 14-3-1-7, 106:75 goals, best ofensive in the league, on a 2-game winning streak with the help of the success last time on road against 2nd best team in home games Langenthal, 4-2. The Visp look like a very decent team on home ice so far, with 8-0-0-4, 56:36 goals, winning 3 of their last 5, facing a team like Chaux de Fonds who although is 4-1-0-7, 32:36 goals on road, they have won just once in their last six away games. Counting the fact the success that Visp had so far especially against Chaux de Fonds who last season was losing 4 out of 5 in regular and 3 out of 7 in the playoffs, and the recent form of the two teams I think the hosts in this one have the first chance to win.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kalpa - Blues
Selection Kalpa
Strength 10/10
Date 07/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.70
Reasoning League leaders Kalpa is hosting Blues tonight and I expect another good game for them home side and another win for them. The team has won seven of their last eight games. The defeat came in the last round, when Lahti trashed them with 4:0. But at home the situation for the team is really different. Kalpa has eleven wins in fourteen games at home so far this season and also four in a row (one of those wins came after extra time). Blues is in some kind of a little crisis at the moment. The team has won only one of their last six games, and this win came at home after extra time. Also away from home the team is not doind really well. Blues have just four wins in fourteen games as visitors this season and also lost their last four in a row. Kalpa has won four of their last five home games against Blues and I expect another victory for the team today.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Sumperk - Kadan
Selection Sumperk
Strength 7/10
Date 07/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 1.86
Reasoning Really good odds for the home team here in my opinion. Sumperk is playing really well at home this season with nine wins in 14 games. Also the team won four of their last five home games (one win after over time) and the defeat was in the last round against one of the leaders Jihlava. The team lost their last three games in a row, but all of them were against really though opponents and now against one of the weakest teams in the division Kadan at home they can go back on the winning ways. Kadan like Sumperk plays better only at home. As visitor the team have only three wins (one after over time) in fifteen games and in those games the team had conceded 52 goals. Kadan has lost six of their last seven games in the league and away from home the team have only one win in their last eight games. Both teams have played twice against each other so far this season. First Sumperk won at home after extra time with 4:3 and then won in the away game again with 4:3, but this time in regular time.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Eisbaren - Munchen
Selection Eisbaren
Strength 10/10
Date 11/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 1.65
Reasoning I'm going with Eisbaren again. Strangely the team has started to play better away from home recently and those away wins are keeping them among the leaders. Eisbaren have no win at home in regular time in four straight games now (two wins after over time and two defeats) and now it's finally time for them to get their good form at their arena running. Munchen in other hand is in terrible shape at the moment. The team has lost six of their last seven games (three of the defeats were after over time). Eisbaren lost their first game against Munchen this season with 3:5 as visitors. In the last seasons the team has four wins in their last four home games against this opponent, so I expect another comfortable victory for them today.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Sundsvall - Rogle
Selection Rogle
Strength 10/10
Date 12/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 1.80
Reasoning Sundsvall is one of the bottom teams in the table. The team is having a good run from time to time, but it really comes too rare. They have 19 defeats in 29 games. Sundsvall is in some kind of good form right now, winning three of their last four games, but today against the inform Rogle they have no chance at all in my opionion. Rogle in other hand finally find the form that they were expecting all season lont. The team have only one defeat in their last ten games and this allowed them to go to fifth place of the table. Most of those victories however were won at home, so now the team can show that this great form is not a surprise against one of the bottom teams. At the start of the seasons Rogle were among the favorites at least for a playoff place and in the last month or so the team finally find their form and now they are the team to beat in Allsvenskan. Also Rogle have won the last three games against Sundsvall away from home, so I'm going with the away team here.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Visp - SIerre
Selection Visp
Strength 10/10
Date 13/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsson @ 1.60
Reasoning Really good odds on home win here in my opinion. I think the price should be like 1.45 or something. Visp is among the best teams in second division. They even won the playoff last season, but after that lost against Ambri in the relegation/promotion playoff at the end of the season. Now the team is currently on third place in the table, three points behind the second Langenthal. The team is in some kind of a bad run, losing four of their last six games (and the last two in a row). Three of those four defeats were actually at home, so Visp should really go back on their winning ways at their arena as soon as possible and today's opponent is the best option to do it. Sierre is among the teams in the bottom of the table and they don't have a win in regular time for ten games now (three wins after over time). Also Sierre is the worst away team in the league with just three wins (one after over time) in 14 games. Visp have really good stats against Sierre at home in the last years. The team have won 13 of their last 17 home games against this opponent and I expect another victory for them today.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Orebro - Rogle
Selection Over 5.5
Strength 10/10
Date 16/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Pinnacle Sports @ 1.84
Reasoning The league leaders Orebro take on the team in best form lately Rogle in the most interesting game in this 32nd round of the Swedish Allsvenskan. Orebro is the team scored the most goals in the league so far - 115 in 31, or little less than four goals per game. The team is playing really attacking and is scoring goals after goals. Their home form this season is impressive - 13 wins and just two defeats with 64 goals in those fifteen games. Seven of their last eight home games finish with over 5.5 goals and in those seven games Orebro scored at least four times. Rogle is in tremendous shape lately. The team finally started to show his potential and now nobody can stop them. But today they will meat without any question the best team in the league this season, so the game will be really close and will show just how good really Rogle is. The team has the second best attack in Allsvenskan with 102 goals so far. Seven of the last nine games of the team finished with over 5.5 goals in them. Both games between Orebro and Rogle this season so far finished with under 5.5 goals, but we have to say that in those two games Rogle scored just once. The difference today will be that in the last month we are seeing a different team and Rogle will play way better against the leaders.

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Kloten - Servette
Selection Kloten
Strength 10/10
Date 20/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.73
Reasoning Kloten is having nice season so far. The team is always one of the top teams in the table and even that they slipped up to fifth place now, they are just four points behind the leaders Bern. Kloten lost two of their last six games in NLA, but both games were away from home. At their arena Kloten have five wins in their last six games and eleven in sixteen total so far. Servette showed signs of waking up in the last month and the team is really tough one to beat now. Servette won six of their last seven games (one after over time). But the more interesting thing is that five of those wins were away from home and before them the team didn's had a single one victory as visitors this season. Both teams are in good shape. Kloten really strong at home and at all one of the best teams in the division. Servette in tremendous form and now just two points behind the playoff zone. It can really be seen as a tight game, but in my opinion the home team is just better + the fans on their side. Kloten also have great stats against Servette when playing at home. The team have nine wins in the last nine games against this opponent (two of the wins were after over time).

Sport Ice Hockey
Event Salzburg - Rekord
Selection Salzburg
Strength 10/10
Date 22/12/2011
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 1.73
Reasoning Salzburg are the winner of the Euro hockey trophy for this season. The team won the tournament last Sunday and that normally had made some slip ups in the Ebel for them. But this was great moment for the team and nothing can spoil that. Two days ago the team lost at home Linz (2:5) and now Salzburg have another home game and the team should be focus on the games in the division already. Zalzburg have just three defeats in sixteen home games (15 wins, two after over time). Rekord had finally found a great form. The team is doing perfectly well lately, winning six of their last eight games (two wins came after over time). This allowed Rekord to get into the playoff zone, but there is still plenty of time before the end of the regular season, so they aren't thinking about that. The team is not doing so good away from home this season (four wins, two draws and eight defeats). After the celebrations for winning the Euro hockey trophy, now Salzburg should focus again on the games in Ebel and this home game is perfect opportunity to start another good run in the league. Salzburg won both games against Rekord so far this season. At home over the year the team had 18 wins in their last 22 meetings against this opponent.

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - DEC 2011 Germany DEL 19:30 Straubing Tigers - Hannover Scorpions / Straubing Tigers (ML) / Ladbrokes @ 1.57 I taking Straubing Tigers and its just an impresive thing this team has done lately. This team won 8 of last 10 games played 3 in row scoring 13 goals what is 4,3 per game! They won 9 of last 10 home games and 9 have been won in row, In last 5 home game they score 4,4 goals per game! Hannover Scorpions lost last 8 of 10 games played, they won just 2 of them and took only 1 game in OT where they lost it! On road this team won 3 games in last 10 played ,they allow 2,6 goals per game on road. First game this season was won by Straubing Tigers 3-2 in Hannover!

Re: EUROPEAN ICE HOCKEY - DEC 2011 HIFK – Lukko (SM-liiga at 18.30 UTC+2) 58 20 22 | 1.72 5.00 4.55 | ML: 1.38 3.64 | AHC -1: 1.99 2.01 | AHC -1.5: 2.36 1.73 O/U 5.5: 41 59 | 2.44 1.69 | O/U 4.5: 1.75 2.33 | O/U 5: 2.04 1.97 There is still the junior world championship tournament ongoing – the brothers of Granlund will miss also this match. HIFK will also miss their captain Peltonen, who will be out for couple of weeks. Add couple of more absent players, and there are holes in their roster. But still their defence is in quite good shape. Despite their troubles HIFK managed to beat Pelicans in their last match, even though they must thank for their goalie. Lukko are another story. They have a decent bunch of players, but in the rink there is hardly idea in their game. Or at least it seems to be impossible to keep their game together all the 60 minutes. Despite HIFK's absences I see them once again as quite clear favourites. HIFK -1 2.20 @ Pinnacle 4/10