BBOTD Thursday 1st of December

Aidymac

Minder - Leicester 1:30 I think there is value with Minder in this 6 runner race, i think the favourite Bay Central is a very dodgy horse, having fallen and been pulled up on its last two outings, i think the 6/5 is bordering on ridiculous for the favourite. My selection is the second youngest horse in the race, being a 5 year old and may have the potential to improve. Was well beat last time out at Warwick but that was a far more competitibe race and didnt run all that badly two starts back when 3rd to Marc Aurele. Has yet to win a race on flat of over the jumps but in a very weak race like this and now several pounds lower and with a new tongue-strap on, against all these very poor horses, 14/1 may be a tad too big. Portman also does well at Leicester. WIN @ 14/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: BBOTD Thursday 1st of December 2.45 Wincanton Nobunaga 1pt win 12/1 Ladbrokes I think Nobunaga is quite interesting on his handicap debut here. Venetia Williams might be about to hit form after having a couple of winners today and she has a good record at this track. Nobunaga has only had 4 runs over hurdles with rather mixed results. He was pulled up twice, finished 3rd at Hereford and won a decent looking novice hurdle at 66/1. He comes here after a little break after having a few runs on the flat, of which he ran pretty well mostly. When he won that novice hurdle earlier in the year at Huntingdon, he had the very decent Araldur in behind in 2nd. There were other good horses in behind which suggests he could be up up defying top weight here off a mark of 125. When he finished 3rd at Hereford, he had the decent Raya Star in behind him. Sam Thomas rides Nobunaga and he will be very relieved after getting his first winner in 20+ rides the other day on the very impressive As De Fer. This is very competitive but Nobunaga could run a good race, on his first try in a handicap. He is still only a 6 year and is very unexposed in this sphere.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.