NFL Champ Games 23/1

Philly/Atlanta -4.5 NE/Pitt -2.5 I kind of agree with Taza that NE/Pitt is a bit like the Colts/Pats but generall surprised by the line, I was thinking about -4.5 - so have taken NE at -3 at evens. Obviously steelers won in the regular season 34-20 - this was without Dillon and they rushed for a NE all time low of 5 yards on 6 attempts (Pats down early 21-3) - this WLL NOT happen again;) - NE will obv have a more balanced attack - the cold will not effect them too much and whatever you want to say the Steelers struggled against the Jets who the Pats beat twice this year (and I rate the Jets very highly). Rothlisberger (spell?) looked every inch a rookie at times against the Jets and you can see that NE defense will show him some different looks. It will be a low scorer but think the Pats will have too much for them and win the close game. Just amazes me that in todays NFL the Pats still get no respect for winning 2 in 3 years and doing what they are doing this year. And as my non-NFL mate said last night "fook me how much p**** must Brady have got when he won it the first time" :drums

Re: NFL Champ Games 23/1 NE @ Pits UNDER 37 This total has been hugely inflated by the 34-20 scoreline earlier in the season. However in that game Dillon did not play for NE and they rushed the ball only 5 times!!!...Threw it over 40 times! They will have a much more balanced offense in this game. (Sorry boz! :D ) Pittsburgh are very tough defensively at home, allowing only 13.4 ppg, and held the Jets to only 3 offensive points last week. NE have stepped up defensively when it counts...allowing only only 7, 7 and 3 points in the last 3 weeks. The fact that NE are 3-11 under in their last 14 play-off games shows that they believe defense win big games. Bad weather is always a big possiblity at this time of the year aswell. As bozzer says, Big Ben looked a bit lost last week, so I have to think they take it out of his hands this week in such a big game. Steelers wil run, run, run and then run and rely on their strength to win the game, defense. I won't be surprised if Rothlesberger doesn't throw a pass over 10 yards. Line dropping to 36 already in places....A good sign for the under with still over 65% liking the over ;) Like it alot. :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.