** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Cricket: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & T20 International

kevshat

After their test series of recent weeks Pakistan and Sri Lanka now get the pyjamas and white balls out for the limited overs section of their tour. They will play 5 ODIs and a T20 international over the next couple of weeks with the series beginning on Friday. As with the tests, all the matches are live on Eurosport in the UK so there should be plenty of betting to be had in this series which should in theory be a lot closer than the test series which was fairly one sided even though it was only 1-0. Schedule:

Fri Nov 11 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT 1st ODI - Pakistan v Sri Lanka Dubai International Cricket Stadium 32.png 20 - 28° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Mon Nov 14 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT 2nd ODI - Pakistan v Sri Lanka Dubai International Cricket Stadium 32.png 21 - 29° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif
Fri Nov 18 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT 3rd ODI - Pakistan v Sri Lanka Dubai International Cricket Stadium
N/A
Sun Nov 20 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT 4th ODI - Pakistan v Sri Lanka Sharjah Cricket Stadium
N/A
Wed Nov 23 11:00 GMT | 15:00 local 11:00 GMT 5th ODI - Pakistan v Sri Lanka Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
N/A
Fri Nov 25 17:00 GMT | 21:00 local 17:00 GMT Only T20I - Pakistan v Sri Lanka Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
N/A

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & T20 International Just the one outright for me. May well get involved in the series market as we go along. 2pts K.Sangakkara Top Sri Lanka Series Batsman 3/1 Stan James Even at 3/1 I think Kumar Sangakkara is worth a bet in this series because he was in such insanely good form in the test series where he scored over 500 runs in the three matches. On the same wickets as were used in the tests I expect Sangakkara to go just as well with the bat in this series. He's such a class act and although Dilshan is likely to be more of a danger and with Upul Tharanga coming back and being a danger too it won't be easy for the Sri Lankan openers to see off Umar Gul all the while. The other usual danger Mahela Jayawadene isn't in great form at the minute and he'll be batting below Sangakkara in this series. Sangakkara must be seeing this thing like a football at the minute and I think he'll go well in the series and would be surprised if someone else keeps up with him.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & T20 International 3 for me in the 2nd ODI. 4pts Pakistan Total 4's - Over 20.5 5/6 Ladbrokes Pakistan hit 15 4's on this very ground in 21.5 overs in the first ODI and they have the players in their team who don't always go over the top. I'm thinking about the likes of Imran Farhat, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan and Misbah-ul-Haq. Then lower down the order there's Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi and Abdul Razzaq who can all find the boundary as well as clear it. Given how well they went in the first match added to the fact that Malinga aside there isn't much in this Sri Lanka bowling attack, I think this is a line that can be covered. 3pts S.Ajmal's Performance Pts - 30&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Saeed Ajmal is having an excellent time of things out in the Emirates. He stood out with the ball in the test series and took 2 wickets in 6 overs in the opening ODI. Having had a game here recently I think this wicket will turn more than the last one and that will assist Ajmal even more. It wasn't just tail enders who Ajmal got out on Friday he got Mahela Jayawardene out too so if he's getting top order batsmen out then he's in good nick. A caught and bowled covers this as does two wickets. However it comes about I think Ajmal will pick up 30pts here. 1pt ew J.Mendis Top Sri Lanka Batsman 16/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) We saw Jeevan Mendis play a couple of decent innings over in England and if he is scoring in English conditions then he'll be fine in these conditions. This Sri Lankan batting line up has been struggling as a collective unit all tour and so it looks like Mendis will come into the side to bolster that batting. He'll bat at 7 and he would've been in after 30 overs if he batted 7 in the first ODI. 20 overs should be more than enough time for him to put up a score which can see him place at a decent price and if the top order really fall to pieces again, a score which can top score.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & T20 International My attention has been elsewhere over the last couple of days so I've not had a huge amount of time to look into the 3rd ODI on Friday. Haven't really got a feel for the venue either so I'll give the 3rd game a miss and get stuck into the last two matches. I'll have it on and if something turns up in play I'll post up but failing that it's a blank game for me. Good luck to anyone who plays this 3rd game.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & T20 International Final ODI on Wednesday. People who know me will know I don't really like betting in dead rubbers and that's very much the case in this match as both sides have injury worries and players who want game time etc etc. Rather than bet when I'm reluctant to I'll see if Sangakkara can bring me into profit for the few bets I've had in this series, which hasn't been as many as I was hoping to have, ahead of the T20 on Friday which I most definitely will be exploring.

Re: Cricket: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka - ODI Series & T20 International Sangakkara did do the business. Two for me in this afternoon's T20. Thought it was a 5pm kick off not 4pm so a bit late with bets. 5pts Pakistan to win T20 3/4 Sportingbet I think Pakistan will win the T20 today. They have dominated both the tests and the ODI's and the Sri Lankan batting line up don't look like they have an answer to the Pakistan bowling attack. Sri Lanka will be without Mahela Jayawardene for this match and he's a massive player at the top of their order so he will be a big loss. I'm still far from convinced about their bowling attack too even with Malinga in it. Pakistan have a solid enough batting line up with Younis Khan and Misbah able to play in any situation and then in Umar Akmal and Shahid Afridi they have the bangers to get stuck into the Sri Lankan buffet. Pakistan are getting a real solid side together and I'll take them to finish this tour the way it's been played out for the most part and that's with a Pakistan win. 3pts Highest Individual Score - 25-49 runs 9/4 Blue Square Pakistan played South Africa in a couple of T20 matches here last year and both were low scoring without an individual 50 in the match and we saw in the ODI here on Wednesday that the wicket is a bit slow and isn't easy to play expansive on, particularly against the spin of which there will be a fair amount on show, particularly from Pakistan. You wouldn't say the likes of Younis and Misbah score freely enough to trouble a 50 in a slow scoring match so it's probably Hafeez and Akmal who are the dangers for Pakistan. Hafeez will be facing Malinga though and Akmal might be in too late. Sri Lanka have Dilshan and Sangakkara but this Pakistan bowling attack is a very strong one. I think the game will be low scoring so I wouldn't be surprised at all if there isn't a 50 in the match which would make the 9/4 on the highest score falling between 25 and 49 a decent price and well worthy of a punt.