When to double/treble, staking options

Hi guys I have been betting for about 10 months now, and thoroughly enjoy it :) This season I started on the 21st September with 10.00 points, I am now on 17.28. Yield is 16% Strike rate is 57% Total bets 126 So it is early days but things are going well. I think I will end up at a yield of around 10% QUESTIONS When is it best to double or treble? should this be based on strike rate? For example, if your S/R is over 50% should you make all bets doubles provided the combined odds are over 2.00? I'm not really sure how to work all of this out. I'd like to know the same for trebles. I have kept a record of all my bets, the odds, amount staked, date, league, inplay or not etc. in order to work out what is most profitable at the end of the season (and where I lose money). So, how does one work out when to go for a double or a treble? ---------------------------------------------------------------------- The next thing is staking. Its all a bit random for me, if the line is HT/FT for example then the stake will be smaller. Also if i bet on both BTTS and >2.5 in the same game my stake will be reduced. but it isnt properly laid out. if i was doing a system then kelly staking makes sense, but if i am betting on gut instinct and things in forums how am i supposed to get a proper staking plan? should i give some kind of 'confidence' on each bet that i make and put that into a kelly calculator? I would really appreciate some feedback, even if it isn't directly related to my questions. Like I said I am fairly new to betting and seem to be able to make a small profit. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!! :ok

• 4 weeks later...

Re: When to double/treble, staking options Hi,I am not able to answer your specific question but,since you have asked for any feedback,I would like to ask if there is anything about you that you think helps you to succeed at soccer betting? I ask in case you are unaware how hard it is to make 10%profit from soccer betting? To be able to do so after betting for less than 1 year means you are either very talented or perhaps have been given some great stats by,say,a brother or friend or have read a great book or two or something else?

Re: When to double/treble, staking options doubles and trebles make no sense in the long run. it is very hard to predict even one match. as for staking my approach is:pecentage of a bank is the best system(2% - 4%) i dont use kelly because i n kelly you should calulate the odds of a result, something i find (personally) impossible

Re: When to double/treble, staking options

Hi,I am not able to answer your specific question but,since you have asked for any feedback,I would like to ask if there is anything about you that you think helps you to succeed at soccer betting? I ask in case you are unaware how hard it is to make 10%profit from soccer betting? To be able to do so after betting for less than 1 year means you are either very talented or perhaps have been given some great stats by,say,a brother or friend or have read a great book or two or something else?
Pretty interesting point of view you have ;). I think one answer would be enough: even those people who wrote the best gambling books where like you, mglanfield and anyone else. I mean normal people with some abnormal gift's :ok. So anyone can make it as long as they have what it takes to make it. This is my personal opinion. Good job mglanfield with your results. That's a great result. :ok About doubles/trebles, I think you should first try to make some calculation using past results to see where would that have brought you. You could say that a high S/R would be a good factor, but that could be misleading because: you could have, on one hand, some good strike runs (10-12 in a row), followed by some bad runs, or, on the other hand, you could have 2 good, one bad, one good, 3 bad, 3 good and so on. Any way this should be very important, as on the future you can't be sure of the way the results will come. Even though using doubles/treble could bring you a lot of profit, it could also bring you a lot of loss. After all in a acca you only need one loss to make the whole day a loss, compared to your system when they get help from the good ones. Anyway you are the only one who can take this decision, and you should take in consideration a lot of factors, not only the S/R. Good luck :ok

Re: When to double/treble, staking options

Hi guys QUESTIONS When is it best to double or treble? should this be based on strike rate? For example, if your S/R is over 50% should you make all bets doubles provided the combined odds are over 2.00? As long as your strike rate is high enough to warrant it then there's nothing at all wrong betting Doubles or Trebles . Anymore than 3 in an acca is pushing it however , unless your selections are very short odds and even then i would say 4 is the very maximum number. Also going for a return of around 2.0 is , imo, the perfect way to go . I'm not really sure how to work all of this out. I'd like to know the same for trebles. See above ;) I have kept a record of all my bets, the odds, amount staked, date, league, inplay or not etc. in order to work out what is most profitable at the end of the season (and where I lose money). Superb idea , just take a bit of time and effort and look back to see where you LOSE and if there's a constant factor involved ie maybe betting away teams , Foreign teams or your 2.5 selections let you down just check EVERYTHING !! If a particular type of bet stands out as a losing one then GET RID . So, how does one work out when to go for a double or a treble? Your past records should point you in the right direction , good luck :ok
;)

Re: When to double/treble, staking options Thanks for all of the responses, great forum as ever! I realise that a 10% yield is good, there is some fluctuation but in the long run its remains pretty static. I have been using excel to track everything that I do, then every couple of weeks i sort by league, market, odds etc and see if particular groups are underperforming. I used to bet on the CL, which I know very little about, and my results were very poor so I cut it from my selections (which is annoying because I love football and its always more enjoyble when u have a bet on)... My selections are based on a few things, a couple of systems on here, did some over / under stuff with reasonable success last season, a combination of stats and gut feeling. I think, based on what had been said here, I'll stick to a maximum of 3-4% bank / bet. I almost always watch the games I bet on, and am ready to bet in play, sometimes you get lucky when the odds are slightly wrong, and generally backing teams like man u and city when they go a goal down. Also, i did some lucky 15s/31s last season and I don't think I ever got back less than 95% of the stake (5% loss), must have just got reallllllly lucky over and over. Finally, I want to go into trading (its where my love of betting stems from), is there anyone here in that field? Thansk again.