BBOTD Sunday 16th of October

Re: BBOTD Sunday 16th of October 16:10 Bath BLAZING FIELD has to bounce back from a poor run last time but it was hardly the 4lb hike in the ratings that caused it and more likely it was that her previous effort had come too soon. Given a break, she should run much better and looks one of the most progressive in this line-up and should go very well off a mark of 71. Trained by Clive Cox, she's relished the step up to staying trips after a solid run at 1m4f when she saw it out well. She improved again to the step up to 1m6f at Sandown in July when finishing 2nd to an improving type in Cunning Act (now rated 92). She deserved extra credit for being close to a fairly strong gallop and although had no extra close home, it was not like she was stopping. She was raised 4lbs in the ratings but ran quite poorly at Doncaster next time. It's definitely possible that the Doncaster effort came too soon as she did have a tough race and it was also a very competitive handicap, so the poor run can be excused I'd say. Back down to a 1m5f trip, she shouldn’t be inconvenienced by it too much, especially on her effort at Sandown where she showed decent speed. Dropped 1lb since the Doncaster run, she looked like a type who could be rated in the 80's over these sorts of distances after her Sandown effort and I'm expecting her to run very well off this mark of 71 as I feel that could prove extremely lenient in time. She'll have to bounce back but she should do, given she's been off for 64 days and should be over her exertions. She was due to run a couple of weeks ago at Salisbury but was pulled out due to fast ground. Not likely to get that today with it most likely be genuine good ground and that should obviously suit. Today’s event isn’t as competitive as it looks on first glance and I think this one is still ahead of the handicapper. Clive Cox isn’t going badly in recent weeks and I’m quietly confident that she’ll run a huge race, especially with John Fahy claiming 3lbs only helping our cause. The 16/1 I feel is absolutely massive, as I have her at about a 6/1 shot, hence I’m staking quite heavily. BLAZING FIELD; EW @ 16/1 Ladbrokes (bog)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.