My system using Soccer System Builder

Simmo

Hi all, These are my systems that I've created based on Matt's website, Soccer System Builder. I've been working hard over the last few weeks to develop a good system for both home and away picks. The subject of data mining has been discussed a good deal in Matt's SSB thread, and by thinking carefully and logically about which variables to include/leave out of my systems, I hope that it wont prove too much of an issue. Only time will tell of course. The systems show a profitable yield over each of the last 10 seasons and feature a healthy number of historic bets. After some good advice from other members, I have decided to paper trail the system only to begin with. So, here are the selections for this weekend, with odds correct as of about half an hour ago. Apologies for the shoddy presentation of the picks, if someone could offer a few tips on creating a table it would much appreciated. I tried and failed miserably via Excel. Southampton @ 2.15 Lad Reading @ 3.02 Pin Portsmouth @ 2.03 Pin Bristol City @ 2.64 Pin Cardiff @ 2.1 Pin Scunthorpe @ 3.4 Lad Yeovil @ 2.91 Pin Cheltenham @ 3.6 Bet3000 Bordeaux @ 2.84 Pin Lorient @ 4.2 Bet3000 Montpellier @ 1.529 Pin Valenciennes @ 2.05 SJ Bayern @ 1.207 5Dimes Koln @ 2.54 Pin Mallorca @ 3.2 Lad Rangers @ 1.2 SJ Starting bank 100pts. 2pts staked per selection. :hope

Re: My system using Soccer System Builder Thanks Matt, will try that next time. The weekend's results: Southampton @ 2.15 Lad :( Reading @ 3.02 Pin :) Portsmouth @ 2.03 Pin :) Bristol City @ 2.64 Pin :( Cardiff @ 2.1 Pin :( Scunthorpe @ 3.4 Lad :( Yeovil @ 2.91 Pin :( Cheltenham @ 3.6 Bet3000 :) Bordeaux @ 2.84 Pin :( Lorient @ 4.2 Bet3000 :( Montpellier @ 1.529 Pin :) Valenciennes @ 2.05 SJ :) Bayern @ 1.207 5dimes :) Koln @ 2.54 Pin :) Mallorca @ 3.2 Lad :( Rangers @ 1.2 SJ :( So, a spectacularly unspectacular debut for the system: 32pts staked and 31.95pts returned. Starting bank: 100pts Current bank: 99.95pts No of bets: 16 Yield: -0.0015%

Re: My system using Soccer System Builder I should have mentioned in the opening post that my staking plan will be 2% of current bank per selection. So, on to the midweek games, all tomorrow (Tuesday) night: Millwall v Brighton H 2.40 Ladbrokes Reading v Derby H 1.83 Ladbrokes Ipswich v Portsmouth A 4.50 Stan James/Ladbrokes 2pts staked per selection. Still cant seem to create a proper table. Tried your suggestion Matt, but it just defaults to lines of text upon pasting?

Re: My system using Soccer System Builder So you say you've avoided date mining when generating this system, and you are now basically saying you're going to fiddle with the parameters if the original system doesn't produce a winning system? The reason being? If the first 20 or so selections had proved profitable would you still be considering altering the parameters? It sounds to me that your constantly judging systems on historic data and wanting to change things if you dont instantly succeed. Good luck with your system but it really can't be called a system if things are going to be tailored to suit all the time

Re: My system using Soccer System Builder Not what you implied. You said you could change the criteria if things weren't working. I've not seen any evidence yet that using historic odds, or shot supremacy data (football-data info) can or will create a successful betting system going forward

Re: My system using Soccer System Builder Awesome result Simmo. I personally like a system that creates lots of bets with a slightly lower yield as you turn your money over faster and the raw profit is higher. You've also go the buffer that the results you see in SoccerSystemBuilder are the best odds available in the football-data files which are easily beatable on a week by week basis. 5dimes pop up a lot, not a book I have in my arsenal, I'll have to take a closer look at them. Nothing for midweek?

Re: My system using Soccer System Builder Thanks Matt. Pleased to see your free system back in the black too. Regarding 5 Dimes, they don't seem to get mentioned on here much. However, they are an A+ rated firm on SBR and I've had no problem with them. You may not have spotted them much as they tend to issue their prices pretty late in the week, probably after you've already done all your odds research. As for the midweek selections, they are as follows:

25/10/11CheltenhamCreweH1.83Stan James
25/10/11JuventusFiorentinaH1.73Pinnacle
25/10/11PrestonOldhamA4.5Stan James
26/10/11Lazio CataniaH1.73Pinnacle
26/10/11MilanParmaH1.36Ladbrokes
26/10/11Real MadridVillarealH1.143Paddy Power

Re: My system using Soccer System Builder Will update for the midweek games just played after the weekend. This weekend's selections then:

SpursQPRH1.4Interwetten
West BromLiverpoolH4.2Stan James
MillwallIpswichH2.25Ladbrokes
BurnleyBlackpoolH2.38Ladbrokes
WatfordPeterboroughH2.63Pinnacle
DerbyPortsmouthA3.1Ladbrokes
CarlisleOldhamA3.8Pinnacle
AldershotCreweH2.1Stan James
BuryStevenageA2.625Paddy Power
St JohnstoneSt MirrenH2.44Pinnacle
CelticHibernianH1.234Pinnacle
DijonMarseilleA2Interwetten
LyonSt EtienneA6.93Pinnacle
Paris SGCaenH1.402Pinnacle
ValenciennesLille H3.39Pinnacle
M'gladbachHannoverH2.1Stan James
FreiburgLeverkusenH3.75Bet 365
StuttgartDortmundA2.3Interwetten
:hope

Re: My system using Soccer System Builder

SpursQPRH1.4InterwettenW
West BromLiverpoolH4.2Stan James
MillwallIpswichH2.25LadbrokesW
BurnleyBlackpoolH2.38LadbrokesW
WatfordPeterboroughH2.63PinnacleW
DerbyPortsmouthA3.1Ladbrokes
CarlisleOldhamA3.8Pinnacle
AldershotCreweH2.1Stan JamesW
BuryStevenageA2.625Paddy PowerW
St JohnstoneSt MirrenH2.44Pinnacle
CelticHibernianH1.234Pinnacle
DijonMarseilleA2InterwettenW
LyonSt EtienneA6.93Pinnacle
Paris SGCaenH1.402PinnacleW
ValenciennesLille H3.39Pinnacle
M'gladbachHannoverH2.1Stan JamesW
FreiburgLeverkusenH3.75Bet >365
StuttgartDortmundA2.3Interwetten
The 6 games from last midweek (see previous post) resulted in a loss overall of 3.89 units. The games from the weekend above returned 40.23 units from 38.34 units staked. Current position as follows: Starting bank: 100pts Current bank: 108.45pts No of bets: 73 Total staked: 146.06pts Total returned: 154.51pts Yield: +5.78%