Playing w/o a HUD

ThusPrider

Recently I decided to take a break playing on ipoker and opened an account with a smaller "dodgy" poker site that didn't support my HUD (but there are HUDs that it supports). I really didnt want to buy a new HUD so i started playing £10NL 6max there with 6 tables. Without my HUD, ive been in all sorts of sticky situations with unknowns. Its difficult to play just using notes and memory of the player, and is even more difficult multi-tabling. However, i find that the skill level of these players at 10nl are much weaker than at 10nl on ipoker. Cbetting 100% is profitable and if they call usually they have a good hand. What percentage of these players at this site playing 10NL would you expect to be using a HUD and am i at a really disadvantegous position without a HUD? Here are just some sticky situations i can think of: All villians unknown: AK 3x raise PF CO 1 caller from blinds. Flop K 6 8r. Opponent checks and you bet 3/4 pot. Opponent check raises 3.5x. 100BB deep, whats our plan vs unknown? Open AKo UTG, button 3bets 11xBB 100BB deep to our 3BB opening raise, whats our plan and thought process? What about the same situation with TT/JJ?

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Playing w/o a HUD Hi thusprider i am sorry to say i cant give you an answer to what is a good question,what i can say is you are right if other players are using a hud then you are at a disadvantage. The site i play on does not support a hud and i am going to play there for a while and then try a site which does and see if playing with a hud helps my game.