Champions Day

TheRat

Anyone going? I was going to go, but found out today there are works on the London to Ascot line so bus replacements etc and cannot be bothered now. Can't quite believe they are dong it this weekend. Thoughts? Have put a small amount on Nehaam EW at 50s for the Long Distance race. F&G not reliable imo, Opinion Poll worthy fave as consistent sort. Then Times Up and although beat Nehaam LTO and had weight considering the prices Nehaam doesn't have loads to fine, one is about 4/1 and the other 50/1! Gosden says he will run and is in good nick so I expect the price to come in. Been looking at the Champion Stakes and with Nathaniel unlikely to run I have backed Dubai Prince EW at 12s. A top 2 yr old for Weld, who said he was the best 2yr old he trained since Grey Swallow. I was very impressed with his return in a conditions race and am a fan of Al Zarooni. Still unexposed and likely to improve again with the 10f he looks the value to me. SYT might not run, and even if he does he has had a hard season. I had a small bet on Twice Over who of course is a true 10f horse and has won this twice, the ground is likely to be without cut and this may go against him slightly but he won the Eclipse on fast ground. Midday has a good record but mainly against her own sex and this could be wide open. Again I can't see Dubai Prince going off at 12/1. I have already backed Society Rock in the Sprint, been chatting with Milen about this one. Only been beaten by Starspangledbanner at Ascot he must have a good chance. There is a chance Deacon Blues may not run if too quick ground according to trainer, Bated goes to Canada, the French horse is a danger but this is not a strong race in depth and Society must be in the mix, only concern is a smaller field but at the price certainly worth an EW bet Fully expect Frankel to win, no bet race, just enjoy!

Re: Champions Day Haven't backed anything yet myself but tempted by Frankel to win by over 3l, especially now with all these whip guidelines. If he gets into a good rhythm they could all be eased down in behind. In the sprint ill be on Wizz Kid if rain arrives but good or faster and probably won't bother. 14/1 at the minute in a place. Been unlucky several times this season and his jockey got going all too late last time. Reversed form with Prohibit and Margot Did that day in the Abbaye though and as a 3yo will get wfa. Think Fame and Glory could win the stayers race but given his quirks won't be financially involved. In the Champion Stakes think So You Think will gain compensation for the Arc defeat, as this is his best trip. Again, an unimaginative pick though and won't be backing at 2/1.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.