** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12

Hello, i started new thread which will involve whole season because what i have read there is not many hockey tipster here so it is simplier if i keep it in one thread. I follow finnish hockey a lot and mainly mestis series which is one below main series but tips will come also from sm-league. I'll start my new "career" here with friendly game. Pelicans(-1,5) - SaiPa 1 @2.15 from bwin. All handicaps will be european style handicap. Pelicans won their first friendly tournament, SaiPa hasnt played any matches yet. Pelicans have strengthen their roster from last season and they got new coach who is one of the top coaches in finland K.Suikkanen back from Russia. SaiPa will have couple misses fe. their first goalie will start his own season later. There is big difference on rosters, SaiPa has few missings (top two defence man, first center and first goalie) which makes diference even bigger. This is Pelicans's first home game with new coach so even it is friendly i believe that they want show that last season catastrophe is now forgotten. Clear HW.

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 KalPa - HC Mountfield 1 @1.80 from ladbrokes. Sorry for short info. Mountfield started their european trophy campaign with home defeat and KalPa with OT loss to Slovan B. and nice win against Vienna capitals. There should be some quality difference for KalPa so this should be comfort HW.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 Friendly match between KooKoo - Ilves over5,[email protected] 1.65. Ilves is predicted to be suprise team to sm-league this season and KooKoo is one of the two main candidates to win mestis (one class below sm-league). Ilves is coming to game best possible roster and so is KooKoo. This is quite big thing to home team even it is friendly match but to get play against main series team it's always game they are waiting for. There will also quite big crowd to friendly match to watch fe. last year NHL player Koistinen. KooKoo will try to challenge Ilves as hard they can if you believe their coach. There is class difference to Ilves and quality to do easily 3-4 goals and KooKoo will do at least that 2-3 goals. For bet view i'll choose over here, Ilves got 2.00 from Bwin but there is imo bigger chance to 3-3 here or even home win than normally due the friendly match "image".

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 And an other tip for today. D Team - Jukurit(-2) 2 @bet-at-home 4.20 Jukurit is an other candidate to win whole series while D Team (name is actually JYP Academy) is main relegation candidate and when i look their roster they are in wrong series imo. This will be something like 0-4 and with that kind of odds this is must play.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 Frindly matches are now behind and here is something to first rounds. I'll start keep stats from my betting now and i have added my stake's to tips. Pelicans(-1) - Blues 1 2.40@Unibet (6/10) Pelicans was good on training season, they lost only one game. Blues has always had troubles in Lahti and because of last season's efforts this is the game where Pelicans can "wash" their faces in front of home crowd. Low scoring game but i'll go with HC HW win. FT 1-2 SaiPa - Kärpät under5,5 1.71@10bet (7/10) SaiPa's offense is the weakest on sm-liiga and their only chance to win is keep other team at very low goal amounts. SaiPa was underish team on last season and im expecting that they will be it this year also. FT 1-4 SaiPa - Kärpät 1 3.35@betsafe (1/10) Another tip to same game. SaiPa lives at the points they achieve from their home games and they've had good starts previous seasons. Kärpät was the best team in sm-league few seasons ago but they have had problems at last few seasons. Lappeenranta is very difficult place to play and at first game there is good chance to small surprise from home team. And another one from Mestis: Peliitat - Jukurit 2 1.85@nordic bet (6/10) Betbrain doesnt have any odds to this one yet so only i looked was nordic bet where this was 1.85. Our local gives Jukurit 1.95. Huge difference at rosters, even thought it is first real game i cant see surprise here. This is almost rival game so no real home advantage. I'm going to play it to local and i definitely see huge value on that 1.95. 1-5 FT :hope

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12

Thank you for your tips and good luck to you' date=' I´ll be following closely. Do you keep a record or have you kept a record from years past?[/quote']I havent kept records, only records is from an another betting forum where i wrote tips some while ago. I have done these about 13 years now and last few years with little bit bigger stakes. But at least first game right now when Jukurit won 1-5 their game.

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 To mestis: KooKoo(-1) - Hokki 1 1.80@nordic bet 8/10 KooKoo started their season with 3-7 won from SaPKo which is usually difficult place to away team. KooKoo is one of two main candidates to win whole series and with that strong start of the season I cant see Hokki has no chance here. Last season they played two games in kouvola with 4-0 and 5-1 results. K-Vantaa - Jukurit(-1) 2 1.95@nordic bet 8/10 Jukurit is an another candidate to win series and they show quite nice effort against Peliitat. Firts period went to 0-0 but in second they did 5 and took easy 1-5 win. Jukurit's home stadium is under construction so they will play only away games at first rounds and i hope that bookies "underestimate" them in next games too. K-Vantaa lost to Jyp Academy and they both are predicted to relegation battle. I personally will play also double here so: KooKoo(-1) - Hokki 1 and K-Vantaa - Jukurit(-1) 2 as a double in nordic bet, odds is 3.51 and stake 4/10.

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 Awful day yesterday, KooKoo had only one normal center left on third period and their game looked bad. Hokki's goals were also too easy mistakes from defenders. Just short tips for today: Kärpät - Jyp 2 2.50@betngo 4/10 Jyp lost home to KalPa but they are still one class above Kärpät and bookies have over reacted to home team last game against weak SaiPa. Ilves - HPK 2 3.00@gamebookers 4/10 HPK won TPS at their first game and Ilves won Tappara yesterday 8-7. HPK is better team and this is small rival and Tampere is not that hard place to play so no significant home advantage. Lukko - Saipa Asian Handicap -1.5 2.00@bwin 6/10 SaiPa lost their first one to Kärpät 1-4 and Lukko won yesterday Ässät on rival match and they are few classes over SaiPa anyway so this should be easy home win.

• 3 months later...

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 Finland Mestis 4.1.2012 Jukurit-Hokki Jukurit is 2nd in Mestis and Hokki 8th. They have played three times in this season before this evening, Jukurit have won 1-5, 5-1 and 3-5. Jukurit signed goalkeeper Tommi Nikkilä to their team after christmas break, he played recently at Denmark's and Italy's first leagues. Before those seasons he played in Finnish highest league. I bet he is the best goalkeeper in Mestis now. This should be very easy game for Jukurit, they have their strongest squad for today and they will score enough goals to gain three points. My bets: Jukurit-1 1,58 @Unibet also little bets for results 5-0 (35,00), 5-1 (20,00) and 5-2 (20,00)

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 Few bets for tonights Sm-Liiga round. Blues-Lukko Blues is second best home team 13-4 with gd 52-36 in 17 games. Lukko is the worst away team 4-13 gd 33-62. Blues is 9th and Lukko 10th at table, 10 points between them. Blues are in a bit difficult situation today, there has been stomach flu in team, and possibly every player can't play today. Also some very important players are still out, for example scoring leader Teemu Ramstedt. It's good chance for Lukko to get very important three points today, because Tappara is only 1 point behind them fighting for the playoff qualify spot. Lukko fired their coach before last game, but lost because of visitors goalkeepers amazing game. There was some good parts in the game, and I can see today is their day. Last meetings between Blues-Lukko ended 4-4, 1-3 and 4-1. I think that bookers have overreacted to Lukko's worse away results. I will post if there are players missing from Blues because of the stomach flu, when I see the lineups. But even without them I see some value at moneyline odds for Lukko 2,70@Unibet

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 Other bet for tonight KALPA-JYP Kalpa is 1st in league, and JYP 6th. Kalpa is the best home team in Sm-Liiga, 13-4 with gd 56-31 in 17 games. Jyp's away record is 7-10 with 40-40 gd, and 8th best in league. This season teams have played against three times, and Kalpa have been better every time (2-0, 4-1, 2-1). I expect a very low scoring game tonight, maybe even 1-0 for Kalpa. JYP have some new injuries for tonight attacker Jani Tuppurainen (2nd best player from JYP 8+18), defenders Sami Vatanen (3rd best player from JYP and best defender in league 8+15) and Pavel Skrbek who is also pretty important defender, except only 0+3 in 17 games this season. Also goalkeeper Riku Helenius, best goalie in the league with GA 1,47, and attacker Antti Jaatinen and Filip Riska are still out. This is going to be difficult game for JYP, so Kalpa will edge this, and because of the low scoring expect there is some value in EH Kalpa-1 2,70 @Unibet. Also Kalpa's straight win is priced at 1,98 @Unibet which is pretty good odd for me. Your choice which you want to play ;). No one has ever commented my posts so it would be nice if someone says what you are thinking about these writeups :p.

Other bet for tonight KALPA-JYP Kalpa is 1st in league, and JYP 6th. Kalpa is the best home team in Sm-Liiga, 13-4 with gd 56-31 in 17 games. Jyp's away record is 7-10 with 40-40 gd, and 8th best in league. This season teams have played against three times, and Kalpa have been better every time (2-0, 4-1, 2-1). I expect a very low scoring game tonight, maybe even 1-0 for Kalpa. JYP have some new injuries for tonight attacker Jani Tuppurainen (2nd best player from JYP 8+18), defenders Sami Vatanen (3rd best player from JYP and best defender in league 8+15) and Pavel Skrbek who is also pretty important defender, except only 0+3 in 17 games this season. Also goalkeeper Riku Helenius, best goalie in the league with GA 1,47, and attacker Antti Jaatinen and Filip Riska are still out. This is going to be difficult game for JYP, so Kalpa will edge this, and because of the low scoring expect there is some value in EH Kalpa-1 2,70 @Unibet. Also Kalpa's straight win is priced at 1,98 @Unibet which is pretty good odd for me. Your choice which you want to play ;). No one has ever commented my posts so it would be nice if someone says what you are thinking about these writeups :p.
Nice preview mate, the team news are very helpful too. Followed you on this on the money line, @ 1.58 on Bet365 is decent enough for me, although the straight win is on the cards. :cheers

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 Hi, long time since last post, have been too busy to write here. Jyp is currently on four win streak and Kalpa has also won last two matches. It's quite hard to predict and i really can't see value on home side here. I personally like HIFK-Ässät over5,5. Both teams are strong at attack and this could easily go over + odd's are awesome 2.40 @ 24hpoker.com An other one is Jokerit - Pelicans. Jokerit is kind of big brother to Pelicans and they have been really hard opponent to Pelicans. Ill go with at least two goal homewin here and odds are 2.8 @ bet365 fe. Result will be something like 3-0,3-1..

Re: Finnish Ice Hockey, season 11-12 Injury news for Blues are: defenders: Ville Varakas(5+13), Mikael Kurki(2+0) and Jani Hakanpää(3+5), attackers: Mika Hannula(1+5), Tommi Huhtala(7+8), Matti Järvinen(0+0), Petri Lammassaari(6+4), Teemu Ramstedt(4+14), Joni Töykkälä(3+4) and goalie Petri Koivisto . So alot of important players are out, so I think Lukko has great chance to get a win with new coach.

I personally like HIFK-Ässät over5,5. Both teams are strong at attack and this could easily go over + odd's are awesome 2.40 @ 24hpoker.com Ill go with at least two goal homewin here and odds are 2.8 @ bet365 fe. Result will be something like 3-0,3-1..
HIFK easy over and Jokerit game was only bad luck, Jokerit dominated game but had troubles with scoring. Today is mestis round where is three strong home team against weak away teams. KooKoo got one important winger back from injuries and they get also last year best Mestis center to loan from Tappara. Even without those quality difference is huge. KooKoo with -1,5 HW with odds 1.74 @ 10bet. Sport is also strong home team and they will win this too. Leki is farm team to two sm-league team but those teams have lots of injuries so Leki have to play without any big helps. HW with -1,5 HC odds 1.83 @ 10bet And last one is Jokipojat who plays against Tuto. Tuto is in big trouble, they have quite big names to this series in lineup but something is wrong there. Jokipojat has two strong lines and they have improved their game, also HW with -1,5HC odds 1.86 @ 10bet. Ill go with doubles here and also one treble. Of course surprise's happens but this seems to be quite clear round, good teams against bad teams and almost all three "bad teams" are in bad streak. I'll go to first game with some :beerto make sure that they also win this one..