Advice Needed: IT Hardware for Poker

andybell666

Guys, Some advice needed - i currently use a bog standard laptop at the moment and it has been fine but i do find that when i am playing a lot of mtts it starts to lag and have on numerous occasions made errors due to tables overlapping etc... I guess on an average night i am running 8-10 tables and on some evenings up to 12-14. I have played about with various pieces of software like table ninja to help but i think i have reached the stage where i need to get a better system - maybe some screens and a faster laptop to run them off. I am not a pro and do not intend to spend all my time playing poker but i do think i am at the stage where i need to invest in a better set up on a limited budget (say £1k perhaps). Was thinking of spending like £700 on new laptop and £300 on 2 screens. Do any of you have any similar set ups and can make recommendations? Anyone have any views on one big 30" screen vs. 2 x 24" screens? All advice welcomed.....

Re: Advice Needed: IT Hardware for Poker What HUD software do you use? How big is your database? Is your database maintenance up to date? A fast Hard Disk may be your best investment. I would guess that you couldnt spend £700 on a new laptop that wont comfortably run what you want.

Re: Advice Needed: IT Hardware for Poker just bought a new laptop, the aspire 7741g, on amazon for £500. it is 64bit and 4gb ram,expandable to 8gb, with 750 gb memory and a 17.3" screen. i am amazed at how bad my last laptop was compared to this,it has 3 usb and 1 hdmi conectors so should be ample for what you need :ok

Re: Advice Needed: IT Hardware for Poker Andy Do you have the space for a desktop? I'd highly recommend a desktop over a laptop if your multi tabling, you'll get more for your money and will find it easier to run 2 screens via this way too. These guys are good http://www.multiplemonitors.co.uk/ My fave.... mm-822a_1286_general.jpg Description: Eight screen arrays do not come any bigger than this, here you have eight 22” widescreen monitors at your disposal to display charts, programs or browsers on as you see fit. The widescreen TFT panels are mounted securely on a rock solid aluminium alloy stand which will allow you to find the perfect viewing setup for your needs, it also hides all the cables from view