** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Flat Racing 10th of August

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Light The City - Beverley 5:20 Ruth Carr has had a great time of it of late and this horse should have a decent chance if back on song. Has only ever run at Beverlet twice and finished 2nd and 3rd in them races so no reason why he wont run well here again! Well handicapped too. 1 Point e/w @ 10/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Twice Bitten - Kempton 6:00 This 8 runner field perfect for an e/w bet and i like this ones chances. Is a course winner which is a big plus and although he looks a big high in the weights, this horse is still lightly raced and the way it ran last time out suggests it will win a race of this nature before long. 2 Points e/w @ 8/1 (Hills) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Firestarter - Kempton 6:30 Has a huge chance to win this race. Stayed on really well over 6f last time out and the step up to 7f will be right in its favour, especially with Fallon on board who is the best judge of pace in the game in my opinion. Elsworth in good heart and this horse very lightly raced, should win. 7 Points win @ 6/4 (Bet365) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Ray Of Joy - Kempton 8:00 Too high a price for a horse that has 5 C+D wins to its name. Is only 2 pound higher that his last success. Has run 22 times at Kempton with 5 wins and 7 places so thats a very good strike rate and has a good squeak again tonight. 1 Point e/w @ 12/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Be A Devil - Kempton 8:30 Only the 1 win to his name after 17 runs but Muir is in good heart at the moment and has never been too far away here at Kempton on its 4 runs. Very well treated also, runs off 70, a few pounds lower than any other previous run at Kempton. 1 Point e/w @ 10/1 (Betfred) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Blackburn - Salisbury 2:30 Foal of a 5f winner at 2 years old. I am interested in this newcomer because of the good form Clive Cox is in, he has had 3 winners and 3 seconds from his last 9 runners, he is hot at the moment, 2 Points e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Marie Rose - Salisbury 4:40 Has been needing the longer trip be looking at his last few runs and has that today, stepped up from 1m to 1m1f... Has cheekpieces on today and is sliding down the weights also and Meehan comes to life at this time of year so has a decent e/w chance. 2 Points e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Cool Hand Luke - Wolverhampton 6:50 Had an ok run on debut at Chester and runs in this weak maiden tonight. The Johnston horse Bounty Seeker is out of form and Ex-Orient from the Gosden stable would be the main threat but Cool Hand Luke should have learnt a lot from the debut run and i think has a good chance to score. 4 Points win @ 3/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Sir Bruno - Wolverhampton 7:50 C+D winner last October and has a record of 1-4-6 at Wolverhampton, never worse than midfield. Ignore its last 2 runs and it would be a much shorter price , it ran very well at Warwick when 2nd to April Fool and at 16/1 i think it is overpriced. 1 Point e/w @ 16/1 (Boylesports) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Along Came Casey - Gowran 8:10 Looks a winner waiting to happen, was really unlucky at Galway when nearly brought down and would have definately won that race, Smullen on board for Weld again and this looks a golden opportunity to gain compensation. 7 Points win @ 6/4 (Bet365) BOG

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Silver Grey (28/1) - Salisbury 4.05 Was speaking with a guy who has spent alot of time making very accurate lbs speed figures. Rated this one at 95 when winning lto but its official mark is 78. Is entered in this Class 1 event now. Had been up to a mark of 108 last season and competing well at this level. The guy thinks the trainer has sandbagged this filly up to the eyeballs. I'm not so sure about that because the trainer has entered Silver Grey for other valuable Class 1 races this season already so I doubt he's been paying all those entries only to build her up for this race. If he was that confident you'd expect him to have a few entries outstanding but its only entered in this race thus far. Regardless of that though the horse did do very well in its last race and no doubt it can be competitive today. I'm taking my chances after having a bet each-way last night at 50/1 BOG with PP.

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Dancing Freddy (11/1) - Beverley 3.45 Draw favours those draw low to the point where high draws can be eliminated. Lots of pace in this race combined with the soft ground should set it up for a closer. Soft ground proving trouble and already 5 withdrawls. I considered Haajes, Sleepy Blue Ocean, and Dancing Freddy. But Sleepy Blue Ocean prefers fibresand and hates soft. As for Haajes, I cant back a horse that races that far off the pace over just 5 furlongs - so Dancing Freddy it is. He has been placing over 5f all season at this level and won lto. Conditions will suit today.

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August 2.10 Beverley - 3pts win Opus Maximus @ 4/1 (Bet365) - BOG I posted this before a recent run:

6.30 Beverley - 1pt e/w Opus Maximus @ 7/1 (Ladbrokes) This horse was smart not too long ago, running off marks in the high-eighties, but he seems to have regressed. However, he still appeals in selling company. Even though he's won over further, I think this sort of trip suits him best. He ran well enough at Kempton and Beverley in January and April respectively, before having to contend with a killer wide draw at Chester in a hot claimer on his penultimate start. Had little chance in handicap company last time out, but is favoured at the weights today, and should go well. Hogmaneigh is best in, but has stamina doubts at his first try at 7f. Handsome Falcon has a good chance but his strike rate isn't brilliant, and Glenmuir likewise - as well as having an absence to overcome. Kipchak has work to do at the weights, but usually runs his race. The rest are very moderate. I think Opus Maximus has a solid chance today at a nice e/w price.
He won that day, travelling up well off a strong pace before delivering a challenge to get up inside the final furlong. It was quite a snug victory, and he's been in good form since, also. Like I mentioned, this horse has lots of ability, but isn't the easiest. However, recently he's been doing well and I think another big run is on the cards. This claimer is better than the one he won over c&d back on the 1st of July, but he's in good enough form to win this one, and he did win quite nicely on that occasion. Since that run, he kept on to a 2l 3rd over 6f at Catterick - a trip which doesn't suit ideally nowadays. He also ran quite well over a mile in quite a hot claimer at Carlisle next time out. Travelled well, but wasn't quite good enough to beat horses such as Solar Spirit, Sunnyside Tom, I'm Super Too, and Academy Blues. These aren't terrible handicappers so it wasn't a bad effort under the circumstances. Opus Maximus won again, storming up the rail over 9f at Carlisle last time out to beat the decent Camerooney by 1 1/4l. I still think 7f at Beverley will suit him ideally, though, and can go very well again. Clearly in good heart, and even though this doesn't look a terrible claimer, he can take it. The soft ground is naturally a concern, but he's gone okay on it before (from limited tries), and the fact he stays further is beneficial in the circumstances. 3.45 Beverley - 3pts win Haajes @ 4/1 (Bet365) - BOG Haajes is the class act in the field in my opinion, and can bounce back to winning ways today. Often trying himself in decent handicaps, this horse had been out of form until showing much more promise when a 2l 4th to Red Cape last time out. Because of his slump, his handicap mark has tumbled to 75, a mark in which he is most definitely going to exploit at some point, and I think it may well be today. He won off a mark of 83 in October, so it's very dangerous at the minute. Also, the ground has come right for him. He's a bit of a mud lover, whose career record over 5f on soft ground of 274011251. The draw would be of concern, but with 5 non-runners, he's not going to start too wide, and he tends to come from off the pace anyway. This looks his easiest task for a little while, and everything looks set for a huge run, so long as his latest effort wasn't a flash in the pan.

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Wolves 6.20: Cut the Cackle 0.5pts e/w @ 33/1 Ladbrokes BOG Horse has shown zilch since October last year however handicap mark has plummeted as a consequence. Been off the track since December and reappears today for new yard who have slapped first time headgear on straight away which is interesting. Did win last June from a mark of 70 and won a handicap from 82 in 2yo days so todays mark of only 60 sees the horse drop down to a a 0-60 handicap for first time in career. Taking a definite chance here but if change of yard and application of headgear spark a bit of life back into the horse then could go very well here in a race that may not take a lot of winning.

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August

Sport Horse Racing
Event Beverley 14:40
Selection Zavier
Strength 2/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 5.00
Reasoning 4 of trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni’s last 8 winners this past 14 days had been in maiden races. The selection was raced at Ascot 19 days ago but did not really get involved but he’s surely to improve. His price jumped from €19,000F to €110,000 at 2-y-o. leggy colt: first foal: dam, French maiden, half-sister to smart French miler Zarkiya and to dam of Arc winner Zarkava. Zarooni has 4 wins from his last 7 runners since August 5th with 3 winners racing for 7f, the trip today is 7f100y and this is his first of four runners today.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Yarmouth 15:25
Selection Exopuntia
Strength 5/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 5.00
Reasoning Course and distance winner in good form on Turf. Raced at Southwell (AW) in first three runs of the year for a 4th, 2nd, and 8th in January. Came back in June with a 3rd of 16 by 1 length at Newmarket on Good to Firm. The ground was Soft next time out at this course and she could only get 6th of 9. It was off to Newmarket last July and it was for a 3rd of 13 by 2 ¼ lengths on Good ground. The ground is to her liking and she should improve once more.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Yarmouth 15:55
Selection Viking Rose
Strength 2/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Skybet @ 6.50
Reasoning Placed 3rd in two of her last three starts. Both efforts came on Turf while the unplaced run was at Southwell (AW). She raced at the course and distance last time out and was one paced behind the Sir Michael Soute, Ryan Moore, and K Abdulla’s Complexion the 5-2 favorite. 2nd was Madame Ecelerate, the second favorite who followed up with a 2nd to Camberley Two then won after that. The form is well and she should be hard to beat if her progress on Turf continues.
Sport Horse Racing
Event Yarmouth 15:55
Selection Satwa Ballerina
Strength 2/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 6.50
Reasoning Been off for 51 days but trainer Ed Dunlop have done well here the past 30 days. His runners finished 54331. He has three runners for today with Jamie Spencer booked in all of them. Spencer rode 3 winners from 4 bookings yesterday. The selection failed to win in three maiden runs but dropped to a race without a strong form to go against. I think the partnership will go well here.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Yarmouth 14:50
Selection Satwa Laird
Strength 3/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 3.50
Reasoning Getting better this year and now makes his 5th start of 2011. Raced at Ascot, Haydock, Doncasterm and Newbury so far. For a 14th of 18, 7th of 16, 7th of 14, and 4th of 12. The beaten distance had shrunked from 15 ½, 11, 9 ½, and then 2 ¼ last time out. He did not have a clear run from 2f out last time but still finished well behind the winner Master Mylo. The field is smaller today and he should not have the same problem like the last race.

Re: Flat Racing 10th of August Forecast Dashwood (2/1) & Satwa Laird (2/1) - Yarmouth 2.50 With such a small field and little pace a horse which takes the lead should do well. Yahafedh Alaih is the natural frontrunner but doesn't have the quality to win a race. Dashwood will be right on the tail and should take the race. Satwa Laird will try to close from about 2f out and should meet Dashwood close to the line.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Salisbury 16:05
Selection Anna Salai
Strength 3/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price 888Sport @ 11.00
Reasoning Beaten 3 ¾ lengths by Seta on her return but improved that to a 2 length defeat next time out. This is only her third start this year and I think the step up in trip will get her to improve. She was beaten only 8 lengths in the Coronation Stakes last year and was 2nd by a head in the Irish 1,000 Guineas. Also won a Group 3 in France. She is haf-sister to a French 1m-1m2f (inc Listed) winner Advice, French middle-distance winner Adonita so the step up in trip should suit.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Beverley 16:20
Selection Gritstone
Strength 5/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 8.00
Reasoning Off to a good start this year with two starts with an 8th of 12 and 7th of 9 in Class 2 Handicaps at Chester and Newmarket at 1m2f in June. Drop to a Class 4 should make this easier. The ground is Soft but he's proven on the surface having placed 3rd on it last April at Redcar (1m1f). He's finished 3rd or better in 6 of 13 career starts, 1 win, 2 seconds, and 3 thirds. He comes from the Richard Fahey and Paul Hanagan partnership. The combo had a 1st and 2nd in there first two runners of the day. They also had a Class dropper win at 1m2f yesterday. The selection made his debut here for 2nd of 13 to Tominator, 3rd of 13 by 1/2 lengths last August at the C&D for a Class 3 Handicap, and another C&D run after that for a 4th of 15 by 3 lenghts in a Class 2 Handicap.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Yarmouth 16:30
Selection Chillie Peppar (Each-way)
Strength 1/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price William Hill @ 17.00
Reasoning Jockey Cagri Metin had the selection run well at Newmarket 12 days ago. They finished 6th of 9 by 3 1/2 lengths over the 6f trip. The straight track here should have a similar effect. They raced centre, held up, ridden over 1f out, ran on inside final furlong, nearest finish, 5th of 7 in group. The penultimate run was with Amy Baker and they finished 5th of 13 by 5 1/4 lengths at the course and distance on Soft going. The selection was beaten 16 and 14 lengths in the previous two starts so he has improved. HIs pedgigree is excellent being sired by Arafa and there may be more - half-brother to Gr1 St James´ Palace winner and Gr2 winner at 2 Excellent Art, Double Obsession, 7f-12f winner at 2-4, Spy Master, 6f winner at 2, & Medallist, 1m winner at 3; dam 6f 2yo winner, from middle-distance family.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Yarmouth 16:30
Selection Cannon Bolt
Strength 3/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 7.50
Reasoning Placed 2nd in two of the last three starts including last time out. He just failed to by 1 length to a runner that won by 3 lengths in his last run. He ran well three runs back losing by just 1/4 lengths with See The Storms 12 lengths behind him in 5th. I think the selection will continue to improve and has a very good draw to take up the running in stall 2.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Salisbury 16:40
Selection Royal Opera (Each-way)
Strength 1/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 17.00
Reasoning Finished 2nd at Newbury three runs ago and ran well last time out in a Classified Claiming stakes. He led the way last time until headed inside the final furlong and had no extra from there. That was at this course over 1m. The step up in trip should not be a problem. His stamina has ben getting better since moving up to a mile. His mile form reads 10/10, 5/5, 2/12, and 5/8. Should be tougher up front today.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Beverley 17:20
Selection Maybeme (Each-way)
Strength 1/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 13.00
Reasoning Finished well at Redcar over 1m2f. Slowly away, held up, ridden over 4f out, headway over 1f out, kept on final furlong, never threatened leaders. Doctor Zhivago & The Osteopath was 7 lengths clear of the third horse En Fuego who was only a neck in front of the selection. The step up in trip will surely suit better. She was tried over hurdles in the two runs before last time but had no success. Has placed at 1m4f in the past and that was at this course last September. Her two career placed runs had been at this track. Terence Fury is booked just like last time out and he's ridden two placed horses for trainer Neville Bycroft from the last three rides.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Gowran Park 18:40
Selection Kissable
Strength 10/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Paddy Power @ 5.00
Reasoning Not raced in 346 days but brings in one of the form and a yard in good form right now. She was last seen running on for 3rd in the Moyglare Stud Stakes (Group 1) (Fillies) behind Misty For Me and Laughing Lashes with Together in fourth. She was ready on her debut run last year when 2nd to the 4/7 faovrite Gemstone by 1 ¼ lengths and they were 15 lengths clear of the third horse and that proves she can go well fresh. Her form in the Group 1 is an improvement from the run before that which was in the Silver Flash Stakes (Group 3) (Fillies) that was won by Together who was 1 length clear of Laughing Lashes with the selection 1 ¾ lengths behind second. Trainer Kevin Prendergast trained another filly to win the Keeneland Phoenix Stakes (Group 1) (Entire Colts & Fillies) on Sunday against male runners. I believe he has the selecion ready to pounce.
Sport Horse Racing
Event Wolverhampton 18:50
Selection Harrier Hill
Strength 2/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 8.00
Reasoning Only 6th of 11 by 14 ½ lengths on debut but should improve. Bred to be useful and worth to give another shot at this track. Godolphin usually does well here and the Bernardini Colt should be there. Another 7f runner from trainer Mahmood Al Zarooni who has 3 out of his last 5 runners to race the trip. He chased the leader Minal last time out and that was no easy task with the rival running in a Group 2 next time out. Likely will show good early speed and that will be useful here.
Sport Horse Racing
Event Kempton Park 19:00
Selection Storm Belt
Strength 2/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 13.00
Reasoning Been up against tough rivals in maiden company and should do well in a Class 6 Nursery. He raced here once and it was one of his better efforts with a 4th place finish. He chased the winner Pearl Mix who followed up with a 4th in the Group 2 Superlative Stakes at Newmarket. Raced at Newmarket last time out but weakened in the final furlong. Still had every chance over 2f out but the track was just too much at the time.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Gowran Park 19:10
Selection Dubawi Star
Strength 5/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 8.00
Reasoning Gone well in two starts this year. Had a stiff task to being the year with a 6th of 8 by 6 lengths at Durragh. That was in a Listed race tracking the leader Alexander Pope in 3rd but could only keep on at one paced in the final furlong. 4th of 5 at Dundalk 89 days ago with the first and third being a winner last time out. The 2nd horse placed 2nd by a head in the Ballyogan Stakes next time out. Jockey N G McCullagh was on board both runs and again here today. The selection will handle the course. He raced here once last year in September for a 4th of 15 by 1 3/4 lengths to Adilapour, Pirate Chest, and Tiz The Shot.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Wolverhampton 19:20
Selection Bountiful Guest (Each-way)
Strength 3/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 17.00
Reasoning Big price for having such a good record on the surface. First two career runs was for Mick Channon and he sent him to Lingfield (AW) for a 3rd of 10 by 4 1/2 lengths over 1m then a 2nd of 5 at 1m2f. Both races were Selling Stakes. Claimed by B. Baugh for £6000 in the second start. Baugh had him race at Wolverhmapton in the next two starts. He was in Maiden races for those. 4th of 11 by 8 1/4 lengths on his debut for the new yard over the 1m141y trip against older horses. He followed up with a win against 3yo's at the same trip beating Hugely Exciting by a 1/2 length. His three runs after the maiden win had been on Turf and failed to beat a runner in all three. The return to the Polytrack should revive him and return home at a big price.

Sport Horse Racing
Event Kempton Park 19:30
Selection Point Du Jour (Each-way)
Strength 1/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Totesport @ 12.00
Reasoning Trainer Ian Wood is having a good start this month. He's at 2 winners from 5 runs, 43113. None have raced here and it's the best track to follow him. The selection raced well at Newmarket (1m) last time out having not much room late in the race. He finished 5th of 14 by 8 1/4 lengths. He was not disgraced in the penultimae run at Windsore (1m) and it was an improvement from his 2011 debut of 14 of 15 by 46 lengths. He placed 3rd in a Conditions race in France late last year. I think the mile trip is there target for this year and the current progress is looking well.
Sport Horse Racing
Event Kempton Park 19:30
Selection Beautiful Lando (Each-way)
Strength 1/10
Date 10/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Victor Chandler @ 21.00
Reasoning Only runner of the day from the partnership of trainer heather Main and jockey Eddie Ahern. The combo has a strike rate of 36% this year, 5 wins from 14 winning on three different horses. The selection is winless from 6 starts on Turf but very different on the All-Weather. He has 5 runs for 1 win and 2 thirds. The win came at this track (7f) in April by a neck to Homeboy.