Little fish huge pond

Ger123

Hey lads Just new to PL and just signed up to paddy power poker. Mostly just a casual player with friends and keep winning so thought I'd give the net a try.. Much obliged if yous could give any advice on starting out on the net. Plus if the is any good books to read geared towards Internet poker.. Total fish so any advice is welcomed.. Cheer...

Re: Little fish huge pond Welcome to Punters Lounge m8 Dan Harrington's books are a good place to start, checkout the PL diary for info on lots of affordable added value games on a variety of poker sites, some of which can be downloaded straight from this site ** Poker Diary Weekdays 8th-12th August ** Download Inter Poker Here: Download Bluesq Poker here!

Cheers lads.. I'll have a look for harrington's books in chapters.. Had a dodgy start.. Playin too loose.. Keep calling flop and turn bets and folding bigger river bets..eventually gettin short stacked and have to shove with muck to stay alive.. Prob beat most if the time just know I should not be calling the first 2 bets... Patients needs working on... Tips welcome.. Would you's recomend sit n go's 200/500 Player tourneys or cash games to start.. Or a mix of all 3

Re: Little fish huge pond :welcome Ger! I'd recommend trying a number of games out and seeing what you prefer yourself. Its easy for one of us to say what to do, but each game is completely different and should be easier to learn if you enjoy what your playing. Cash can be quick and you can leave at any time, SNG's are great for learning to play tournaments and can last a while, and MTT's need patience and stamina, so maybe mix them up and learn to play the way you feel comfortable. I personally prefer MTTs, i can sit for hours and be patient enough to wait and then mix it up if I need to. A cash player may find this hard to do as their used to action and in an MTT you may not get it for a while.