BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 7:40 Haydock -Camberley Two - Back Has racked up a 5 timer already and should make it 6 here. He's been brilliantly placed throughout by connections and they've utilised Charles Bishop here, who effectively negates the 2nd of his 6pm penalties which he picked up when hacking up at Pontefract on Wednesday. Standout chance 1pt win @ 4/6 William Hill BOG

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug 7.30 Newmarket - 1pt win Figaro @ 5/1 (Bet365) - BOG I think it will pay to side with the unexposed Figaro in this handicap, trained by William Haggas. The trainer is in sparkling form at the minute, and his good run can continue with another winner here. This horse has put in three satisfying performances in maidens, and looks set to strike on his handicap debut off a workable mark of 74. He's raced twice over 7f and once over a mile, but is bred to be a middle-distance performer so should also improve for the step up to 1m2f. He was beaten by useful horses on two runs last year, when running respectable races behind Loving Spirit and Bridgefield. Returned to the track when perfectly entitled to need the run this year but ran well to be 4th of 15 at Haydock. He was surrounded by horses who've gone on to do well this year last year, especially behind Bridgefield, and I think he's entitled to go very close tonight up in trip on his handicap debut. Shaped as if needing it last time, and will be a lot fitter tonight.

Re: BBOTD - Fri 5 Aug

Aye Aye Digby - 3.30 Brighton 6f Handicap (1pt; 8-1 B365 BOG) Normally an inside rail bias at Brighton but soft ground means the strip by the stands rail will be quickest and I expect all the high drawn runners to head over there. Given there are about four confirmed front runners in the race I'm going to bet against them for they will surely set a suicidal early pace. Conversely those racing off the pace seldom win at Brighton (IV 0.6) so I'll have to plump for a chasing type who will settle in behind the front runners. Aye Aye Digby fits the bill and has won on yielding ground. Shot itself in the foot lto by setting off too quickly so hopefully doesn't repeat that mistake. Competitive at class 3 a couple of seasons ago the 6yo gelding has dropped his mark by 10 since last winning and I reckon him to be well handicapped now.
2nd Was winning going away but beaten by a head.