Name of a horse needed....

I recently attended a charity race night at a local village hall and one of the races shown was a 2 mile Sandown flat race and was won by a horse carrying the Jeff Smith colours. They never use the horses names only numbers but as soon as they left the stalls this horse was dropped out at the back and was about 10 lengths adrift of the other runners. My mate had "backed" this horse for a tenner on the night and had odds of 7/1, I can remember the race when it actually happened and told him his horse would win but he was having none of it and sold me his ticket for £5 The horse in question swept by the other runners in the last furlong to win by a short head and my mate was gutted. I`ve tried searching high and low for the name of this horse but to no avail just to prove to my mate that I`d seen the race first time round Can anybody help? Thanks in advance

Re: Name of a horse needed.... Persian Punch was one of his better 2 milers who began his long career in the 90s , i know he won a few times at Sandown and often by a very short margin , think he beat a subsequent or former Ascot Gold Cup winner Celeric at Sandown. Not sure about the price , but the prices offered on some pre recorded races do not reflect the actual SP .

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.