Flat Racing 2nd Aug

8.35 Southwell Norcroft won over CD last time out, that was off a basement level mark in a much weaker race than this although has won off much higher marks in prime he has gone a long while before showing anything like that form and didnt achieve much last time out and meets Elusive Warrior here only 2lb worse terms for just a nose and it might just pay to side with him as he is a little bit more reliable these days. 10 of his 11 wins have come on the Fibresand and has returned to form this summer on the surface after a spell in the doldrums and therefore finds himself on a very workable mark 10lb below last winning mark and in his current form he should put in another bold bid from a plum draw in stall 1 where as Norcroft is drawn out in the car park in stall 13 far from ideal. Amtired is another that has found a liking for this surface finishing fast the last twice but they have been over a mile and I am not sure 7f is going to suit especially with his tendency to start slow. Also finds himself on a 6lb higher mark which certainly makes things tougher. Gracies Gift has won here 5 times and off higher marks but has been in awful form recently and has shown little recently to suggest that his rot is gonna end any time soon. The other that interests me is Clever Omneya who finished 3rd behind Norcroft and Elusive Warrior, a length behind those two but gets to run off the same mark so 4lb better off with Norcroft and 2lb better off with Elusive Warrior she should also strip fitter for the run for all she does go well fresh. She has shown a real liking for the surface and is reasonably lightly raced and could still have some improvement left in her yet but wide draw isnt ideal for a prominent runner but still chances. 2pt win Elusive Warrior 1pt win Clever Omneya 3.00 Catterick Couldnt touch Northern Bolt with the ground drying out rapidly across the country connections may have been caught out as all his form has come on soft ground and although did win extremely well last time out and 8lb rise wouldnt be a big problem if ground was softer but just not gonna suit. Northern Central is another at the top of the market that I am not interested in, just the 1 win from 24 starts is very worrying despite his only win coming over CD he looks held at hand by the handicapper at present despite some excuses on recent runs. Galpin Junior has to be given a chance, he has been well backed on recent starts to suggest he has been working well somewhere and has shown glimmers of hope recently, 2nd to Time Medicean reads well off a 3lb lower mark, was a tad disappointing last time out but bad draw at Beverley can often scupper chances and had been rated 108 as a juvenile and has tumbled right down to 56 with yard continueing their good summer as they always do and could just have a say in this wide open event! The other of interest is Night Trade who can be given excuses for most runs this season softer ground last time out certainly not ideal and failed to stay 7f on several tries. Does have a CD win to her name in this race last year off 2lb higher mark and should appreciate the faster ground today. 2pt win Night Trade 7/1 hills 1pt win Galpin Junior 11/2 hills

Re: Flat Racing 2nd Aug 3.00 Catterick - Born To Be Achamp - 16/1 Bet365 Those at the head of the market are massive under priced in my opinion, 5/1 on Galphin Junior who very rarely wins, 6/1 Northern Bolt who only wins in the mud, 5/1 North Central well above his last winning mark and in better company. Tombellini possibly justifies his price but even this is stronger than most races he contests and isnt the easiest to predict. I think there's slight value in the 4 outsiders of this race but my main bet will be Born To Be Achamp. Only 2 starts in England to date he's ran twice over a mile, showing good early speed in both before fading rather tamely. He's dropped 15lbs in the process and now into very weak company, even for this grade. Geoffrey Harker's runners are going well of late and De Sousa has a good record riding for this yard. Lots of pace on here and i hope SDS tracks the pace, hopefully this drop in trip will see him go close at big odds. 8.15 Ffos Las - Drawnfromthepast - 6/1 Bet365 Zero Money looks hard to oppose but i was looking for 2/1 on that one and the drop to 5f with plenty of competition for the lead makes him worth taking on imo. Ed Walkers runners are going well currently and Drawnfromthepast returned to form lto to hang on off a 1lb lower mark at Bath. He's still very fairly handicapped on his form last year and should get a race run to suit from a good draw. Opposition isnt up to much and if Zero Money fails to deliver this one should run his race and go close.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.