All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts!

I think the cause is good BUT that said the racing surely gonna be farcical! No sexist in any form as I would say exactly the same about an all male amateur meeting, these guys are dont race more than once maybe twice max a day and usually only once or twice a week and therefore and just not gonna be fully effective by their 6th ride just seems an awful idea IMO What are your thoughts? Will you be betting?

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts!

Seriously though..........I hadn't noticed this before your post I had carlisle down as my meeting to study for tomorrow, but I might change my mind now............:unsure
I bet once the big crowd find out who is calling the races, how many will A) live in the bar B) go home C) throw things at the TV

this is absolutley bollox in my opinion, what a ridiculous idea may as well have ladies and mens races if they want that going backwards instead of forwards if you ask me
Its doing a good turn for chairty, I bet another brainwave from Rod Street who seems to come up with these ideas try again Rod

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! well, well............I always thought Kelly Harrison was a bloke...... :loon I'm not overly fussed about it one way or the other.........it's only one card and I guess the racecourse is trying to make it a special day for the northern training yards.........just something a bit different. I think a lot of these Lady Amateurs are wives or daughters of trainers and I suppose it's a bit like a 'firm's do'.............

Its doing a good turn for chairty, I bet another brainwave from Rod Street who seems to come up with these ideas try again Rod
sure there are better ways to raise money there are 3 or 4 decent female jocks and this will set them back in stature i believe, nothing good will come of this madness, they should hang thier heads in shame the bookies should boycott it no doubt ladies are allowed in for zilch also, what a good idea that will be

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! I actually think its a decent idea as a one off. Why not try something different. If you dont want to bet on it dont bother. Also its not an amateur card as all the races are pro-am. They have got plenty of runners so clearly the owners and trainers are happy enough.

I actually think its a decent idea as a one off. Why not try something different. If you dont want to bet on it dont bother. Also its not an amateur card as all the races are pro-am. They have got plenty of runners so clearly the owners and trainers are happy enough.
as long as the same goes for all male races then addpea giving some of the young jocks a chance we have have equality or not

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! We already have lady rider races so whats the difference. We have 3 all amateur cards a year (Id happily have more if it meant more hunter chase meetings) and perhaps there is scope for an all apprentice/conditional card as well.

Re: All Female Card Tomorrow! Your Thoughts! Hayley Turner was promoting this the other week and she's riding at Windsor?? Apart from that dont see whats wrong with it to be honest, theres enough average racing around on a monday, why not this?

Could be a profitable betting exercise to be honest' date=' as Bowlesy has already stated there are only a limited number of reliable female jocks. Placepot, anyone?[/quote'] Yes, follow Cathy Gannon, Kirsty Milzcarek, Sophie Doyle and Kelly Harrison - sure fire profit :ok

Hayley Turner was promoting this the other week and she's riding at Windsor?? Apart from that dont see whats wrong with it to be honest, theres enough average racing around on a monday, why not this?
She said she had never promised that she would be able to make it and Carlisle knew full well she might have to go to Windsor to ride for her normal yards.

Yes' date=' follow Cathy Gannon, Kirsty Milzcarek, Sophie Doyle and Kelly Harrison - sure fire profit :ok[/quote'] Actually the stats show that no female jockey has had more than two wins at the track! Kevin Ryan has arguably the best record of the trainers there. His daughter is booked on Beneath from his stable in the last, which could be a possibiliy. You left Julie Burke from your list, who has some interesting rides.

There are gentleman amateur races' date=' but they don't take over the full card like this.[/quote'] I know they have all hunter chase meetings but that includes male versus females so that doesnt count I guess, but it makes no difference to the betting office fraternity, they would bet on 2 flies going up and down a wall