Best bet of the day 25th Monday

Gutted to be working today as it looks a decent card by Yarmouth standards and I only live 30 miles away but nevermind! 3.15 Yarmouth Class 4 sprint over 6f on good ground. Ceremonial Jade takes a big drop in class today and also a massive drop in the weights but nearly all his form has been on the AW and pretty much failed to beat a rival last year and not been seen since November last year and looks easy to swerve even with the big drop. Ursula would need a career best and also with the ground drying out which is probably against him aswell. Victorian Bounty has always struggled off similar marks. Seek the Fairland is another that has dropped a long way in the weights but again all his wins have come on the AW and looks half the horse he used to be at the moment. Miss Polly Plum has been in good form this summer but is probably now paying for it with a 15lb rise in the weights. For me this is a two horse race the unexposed Long Awaited, for me he has something to prove after a below expectation at chester on handicap debut. Obviously you can forgive any horse a bad run at Chester but even so the maiden he won time before doesnt look anything special for all the second won next time out and did beat a modest field well but needs to now show this mark is not beyond him! For me Greyfriarschorista doesnt need to prove that his mark his beyond him as he is dangerously well handicapped on form he showed last year on the allweather in a listed event and then a brilliant 3rd in the Brittania handicap at royal ascot off a mark of 98, gone off the boil since then now finds himself on lowest mark and dropped markedly in trip last time out appeared to spark a revival and if that was he is dangerous to ignore off a mark of 72 over a sprint trip again! 1pt win Greyfriarschorista 4/1 hills

Re: Best bet of the day 25th Monday 15.15 Yarmouth Long Awaited - 1pt win @ 15/8 Bet365 Long Awaited looks another good 3 year old easily winning a maiden at Ripon and remains capable of improvement after a 4th place finish at Chester he likes a strong early pace and looks capable of winning a race like this

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.