Swiss National League season 2011/2012

23.07.2011 Swiss National League - Sion - Young Boys Sion achieved its first win of this season in last game that it is in high morale. Meeting with Young Boys with the similar strengh, I trust in history of both teams (last 25 previous confrontations, young boys won 16) and bet on young boys to win.

Re: Swiss National League season 2011/2012 23.07.2011 Swiss National League - Zurich - Servette Both teams got lost in their first games of this season. But as the second runner-up of last season, Zurich owns much better strengh than the promoted team Servette. Thus Zurich is estimated to win as home this time.

Re: Swiss National League season 2011/2012 Sion - Young Boys: Draw @ 3.54 (Pinnacle) 10/10 The odds reflect a very even match (2.71-3.54-2.67) between Sion (4th place - 54pts last year) and Young Boys (3rd place - 57pts last year), which I think increases the chances of the draw. Both teams started the season well. Sion defeated Zurich at home and Young Boys drew against defending champions Basel at home. Given the circumstances I think the draw is the percentage bet with the best value.

Re: Swiss National League season 2011/2012 Thun - Grasshopper: Grasshopper @ 3.14 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Thun is the favourite here but only because of the home field advantage. Both teams started the season with a win. The teams are similar in quality as is evidenced by the 2 draws they played to last season. Arguably, the draw would be the percentage bet here, but I'm going to go with guests given the recent Europa Cup matches that Thun had recently which may have caused added fatigue going into this match.

Re: Swiss National League season 2011/2012

Thun - Grasshopper: Grasshopper @ 3.14 (Pinnacle) 10/10 Thun is the favourite here but only because of the home field advantage. Both teams started the season with a win. The teams are similar in quality as is evidenced by the 2 draws they played to last season. Arguably, the draw would be the percentage bet here, but I'm going to go with guests given the recent Europa Cup matches that Thun had recently which may have caused added fatigue going into this match.
11th minute Red Card for Grasshoppers blew this bet early....:(

Re: Swiss National League season 2011/2012 What do you think about Young Boys-Servette match? Servette defense is quite weak and i think that would be a key in this match... Young boys are one of the best teams in Swiss league and i think that they will win this match

Re: Swiss National League season 2011/2012 Lausanne - Luzern: Draw @ 3.40 (Bet365) 10/10 The bookies are offering Lausanne as slight favourites in this match. Lausanne is newly promoted this year after finishing 1st in League 2 last season. Luzern finished last season in 6th place (out of 10 teams). The hosts started the season off with a 0-2 loss at Grasshopper and an impressive 2-1 win at home against Zurich. Luzern clobbered Xamax 0-3 and played to 0-0 draw at home against Thun. Of note is the fact that the guests have kept 2 clean sheets which may indicate that they are tight in defense. I think Lausanne is being offered as a slight favourites here mainly because it is coming off of a win against Zurich which is perceived as one of the best teams in the league. The result deserves respect, but I don't think there is a great difference between the sides and Luzern may have a bit more quality and experience in its roster to balance the home field advantage. Both teams will be a bit fatigued after playing matches over the weekend with Lausanne having an extra day of rest. This increases the chances, I think, of a low scoring (0-0 or 1-1) stalemate result. In the end, the draw provides for good value in this encounter.

Re: Swiss National League season 2011/2012 07/08/2011 Thun vs Neuchatel Xamax. Only a 'fringe' follower of Swiss football.. Any reason Thun are price at 8/13 or slightly better?? Look like they've had a decent start to the season, home advantage against a team who have lost the first 3 games conceeding 8.. Any insight and info from 'Swiss' followers would be much appreciated, looking at taking these in a double..

Re: Swiss National League season 2011/2012 Luzern - Young Boys: Young Boys @ 2.37 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Luzern has gone 2-1-0 in its three matches and Young Boys has gone 1-2-0. The hosts have kept clean sheets in all three matches and look tight in defense thus far. The guests got a sound draw against Basel in the season opener (1-1) and then won at Sion (1-2). But, in the third round they disappointed by getting only a draw at home against Servette. Young Boys is the better quality team (finished 3rd last season with 57 pts. while Luzern finished 6th with 48 pts.). The guests are full of confidence after being promoted in the Europa Cup where they defeated Westerloo (3-1 and 0-2). I think they will use this confidence and their better quality to get a win. One off putting fact is that last season the results were 1-1 (at Young Boys) and 2-0 at Luzern, but I'm going to go with the guests at decent odds nevertheless given their quality and confidence. Zurich - Grasshopper: Zurich @ 1.84 (Pinnacle) 10/10 This is a Zurich derby between last season's 2nd (Zurich) and 7th (Grasshopper) placed teams. Zurich has started the season in a terrible way having lost all three matches. I think, however, this may have been partly a result of the team's involvement in CL qualification. Zurich was able to progress in the CL over Standard Liege so I think some confidence may be apparent. Grasshopper have a 1-1-1 start to the season. Of note is the loss which was at Thun (3-0). This may be a sign that they are weak in away matches and in defense overall. The odds aren't great but they quality difference is marked and Zurich has the confidence and the need for all three points.

Luzern - Young Boys: Young Boys @ 2.37 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Luzern has gone 2-1-0 in its three matches and Young Boys has gone 1-2-0. The hosts have kept clean sheets in all three matches and look tight in defense thus far. The guests got a sound draw against Basel in the season opener (1-1) and then won at Sion (1-2). But, in the third round they disappointed by getting only a draw at home against Servette. Young Boys is the better quality team (finished 3rd last season with 57 pts. while Luzern finished 6th with 48 pts.). The guests are full of confidence after being promoted in the Europa Cup where they defeated Westerloo (3-1 and 0-2). I think they will use this confidence and their better quality to get a win. One off putting fact is that last season the results were 1-1 (at Young Boys) and 2-0 at Luzern, but I'm going to go with the guests at decent odds nevertheless given their quality and confidence. Zurich - Grasshopper: Zurich @ 1.84 (Pinnacle) 10/10 This is a Zurich derby between last season's 2nd (Zurich) and 7th (Grasshopper) placed teams. Zurich has started the season in a terrible way having lost all three matches. I think, however, this may have been partly a result of the team's involvement in CL qualification. Zurich was able to progress in the CL over Standard Liege so I think some confidence may be apparent. Grasshopper have a 1-1-1 start to the season. Of note is the loss which was at Thun (3-0). This may be a sign that they are weak in away matches and in defense overall. The odds aren't great but they quality difference is marked and Zurich has the confidence and the need for all three points.
A slight loss in the end....:( Young Boys couldn't hang on....Luzern scored in the 85' to draw the match....:\

Re: Swiss National League season 2011/2012 Grasshopper - Young Boys: Young Boys @ 2.37 (Ladbrokes) 10/10 Young Boys appears to be on offer at a good price here. The guests have a record of 1-3-0 and should have had more wins but haven't been able to finish matches where they have taken the lead or hold on to a 1 goal lead. Grasshopper got clobbered 6-0 by Zurich last weak. The hosts' overall record is 1-1-2 with a draw and a win at home. Grasshoppers has a -7 goal differential and has issues in defense. Young Boys is offensively proficient and has a quality roster overall. The guests should be able to take the lead against a defensively weak Grasshooper team and hold off for the win.

• 2 weeks later...

Sport Football (Switzerland)
Event Basel - Thun
Selection under 2.5 goals (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 2.88
Reasoning After just one win in first 6 matches from the new season, Basel must confirm the status of favorites of wining the title, so they meet Thun that have a great start, 4 wins and 2 draws, best league attack and defense, just eliminated from EL in front of Stoke; so today is a real test for Basel to prove isn't the team that last results make them, even if I lean to home side I prefer over 2.5, is more secure. good luck!

Sport Football (Switzerland)
Event Basel - Thun
Selection under 2.5 goals (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 28/08/2011
Bookmaker/Price Betsafe @ 2.88
Reasoning After just one win in first 6 matches from the new season, Basel must confirm the status of favorites of wining the title, so they meet Thun that have a great start, 4 wins and 2 draws, best league attack and defense, just eliminated from EL in front of Stoke; so today is a real test for Basel to prove isn't the team that last results make them, even if I lean to home side I prefer over 2.5, is more secure. good luck!
2-1 70', so a win bet :cheers