Best odds guaranteed

Is it all that it is cracked up to be? It seems to be dying a slow death and more firms seem to be dropping the offer, is that because it is costing the bookies too much money? What proportion of your bets would you say drift and then go on to win? Would it be more profitable just to take best odds available when striking a bet, even if it meant passing up the opportunity to take BOG in a similar price at slightly shorter odds (thats assuming the best available price lies with a non-bog firm) or does BOG really enhance your profits?

Re: Best odds guaranteed The reason for the thread was that I've just looked at my records and from my bets this season, the last 50 profitable returns have only noted four instances where best odds guaranteed was applied, and when it was, the drifts were not massive, only a point or two here or there, generally on horses around the 5/1 to 10/1 mark. That equates (albeit from a small no. of profitable bets) to BOG being of benefit 8 % of the time when returns were made. Is that figure comparable to anyone else? What sort of odd ranges do you tend to back at? My typical range is between 5/1 to 20/1.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.