** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Dry Spells

Re: Dry Spells

Hmmmmm' date=' now there's a new way of thinking! How did you discover the prices?[/quote'] I was able to bet in the german and the french tote, the french tote offered a way better price. Usually the french tote is blocked for german bettors in german races, this time it was not, easy call. I do not know why, it makes no sense for the germans, I know a lot of big bets from germany were placed in the french tote, where the profit for german racing is way smaller, but I made my day. The german Derby winner paid 9,5/1 in the german tote and 15/1 in the french, since i would have laid my house against Brown Panther (not even black type) nice odds for an unbeaten horse. (I missed to back the winner, because i was starring at the french odds and not at the boxes and suddenly the horses were running and I just backed my local horse Gereon, finishing 10th. Would have backed the winner and hit the exacta.... 4 shizzle... stupid me)

Re: Dry Spells Funny how it goes, always find that when I need a winner it never happens. Can't work out whether it's because I make better calls when got no pressures, and when under stress my judgement goes - or if it's just fate. On the flat I try to ease up at the end of the season as the form gets more eratic, and I don't like it when in Autumn he going becomes bottomless, and the form book goes out the window. At this time I try to find mudlarks, but still typically have a losing period in the month or so up to the Arc. At least over the past decades punting I have been able to identify this!