Fred , sort out the Tote Pools.

I like bets where it is easier to get up, one of them is the Toteswinger. For those of you who are not aware of this bet you have to pick 2 horses to come in the first 3 , in races of 6 or more runners.Theres not a lot of liquidity in the bet, but i do have a bet in it occasionally if i find it hard to pick out a horse which stands out. In the 650 Epsom tonight a 6 runner race the 2 outsiders came first and second @ 14/1 and 40/1. The CSF paid £291 and Exacta £295. The swinger £4.50 !!!!! I didn't bet on it but i'd be irate if i got it up to a few quid.Infact lucky i didn't get it up 'cos it would have paid even less. Whilst on the topic of poor Tote pools i rember getting a placepot to £10 and the dividend was £1.50 ,(all the favs were placed , but still). Also i had a £400 Tote place only bet on a horse called Helissio ( Arc winner year before)in the King George QE2 Diamond Stakes of 1997 who started off at around evens.I bet it on Totedirect in my local bookies along with the 10% betting tax at the time.My heart was pounding until it past the post in 3rd , much to my relief at the time , until i saw the dividend of £1.00. I got a winning place bet up but made a £40 loss!!! WTF £440 bet comes up but the return is £400!!!! Come on Fred get your brains behind the pools and get them sorted. Anybody else got any awful Tote stories?

Re: Fred , sort out the Tote Pools. That's just how it works though, can be totally 'irrational' in comparison to SP. While your stories are negative to the extreme I'll bet other tote punters have the exact opposite to tell. First time at the dogs in Lifford, wifey backs a 3/1 shot on the tote, pays 22/1 :eek Nothing more annoying than picking placed outsiders in placepots and the fsv sneaking into 3rd though.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.