JULY CUP ANTE POST

just trying to spot an ante post bet for the july cup 9th july . cutting a long story short .....i clocked oracle 50/1 boyles/sporting bet at 6f at around the 158 mark (with codemaster and strong suit in front over 7f) looked at though a drop to a fast 6f would suit better and im amazed at the price of the horse ,aiden o brien won this race in 2010 i think and he will probably choose between zoffany and oracle which will represent him (or both?) zoffany was doing his best work over 8f and that looks his distance (although has pace to run in this ) but oracle looks a better prospect over this distance especially given his royal ascot run . im wary of dream ahead who will come to hand soon and 12/1 looks quite good also. it may only be 50/50 that oracle runs but 50/1 pricetag offsets that and if given the green light by o brien over zoffany i will take that as positive and then 50/1 pricetag will be absolutely massive ( i estimate he is a 14-16/1 shot in reality ) 2pts e.w looks do able and if he doesnt run 4pts wont break the bank

Re: JULY CUP ANTE POST update ....i may at least get a run after all !! 2.3380Oracle in July Cup reckoning Published on Tuesday 5 July 2011 20:47 Oracle could revert to sprinting in the Darley July Cup at Newmarket on Saturday. The son of Danehill Dancer finished third in the Irish 2000 Guineas before taking fourth in the Jersey Stakes at the Royal meeting. His handler Aidan O'Brien could also be represented by Sunday's Prix Jean Prat runner-up Zoffany, although connections have indicated a return to France for the Prix Maurice de Gheest is his preferred target. Delegator and Star Witness are also among the headline names among the 19 possibles for the July Cup. Godolphin's Delegator looked good when winning the Duke Of York earlier in the season but missed Ascot on account of the soft ground. Australian raider Star Witness, on the other hand, was second in the King's Stand and third in the Golden Jubilee at the big meeting.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.