Making the Martingale System Work

Sco

Now iv been thinking of this for a while. Now I dont expect this to be an original idea, but it may just work. The system I am thinking of is based around if you lose a bet, doubling your bet so that you cover your losses for the last one lost, and so on and so on. Now i can hear people worriying that it can all get out of hand very fast, which it can, which is why you need to play sensibly. Now for this to work best you need to eliminate the draw element in a match, so you could choose tennis or a sport that you cant draw in. First of all get a starting stake of say 10 pts. Now choose your maximum stake say 100pts. Now my idea is to bet on favorites, who have odds as near to 2 as possible, so that you roughly double your money. eg below 1.83 k beck v i andreev 1.83 Now statistically you have a 50/50 chance of winning this bet. So we will put a 2pt bet on say beck (just an example i havent checked any stats for this game) Now if we win we would return with 3.26pts. Now if this is the case, bank the profit...1.26pts and find another selection similar to above and play with 2 pts again. Now comes the losing part. If we lost our bet we would be 2pts down. So now we need to find a bet again roughly 1.9ish so we can win back the money. Bear in mind that as we are not gaining exactly 2 it may be less, in which case your stake may have to be higher. ie in the case of another 1.83 i would place a 5pts bet, which will bring you 9.15 pts in return. Now if this comes in we will have made a 2pts (approx) profit (including your first 2pt stake). Now keep doing this method until you win, at which point you stop, and add the profit to the bank. You then start again with your next 2pts. Now basically the way I see it, as long as you are willing to have continue until you win, thus why start small, then eventually you are bound to get it right, and win the money. Now if you view your own stats, and you get 1 right in every 3 on odds similar to these, then you may play with 4pts, expecting to never having to go much over 50 (this would be if you got 4 wrong in a row. If your getting more right than wrong, or have a larger bank then you could have a go at higher stakes. Also the odds can be whatever you like...you could win back the 2 pts lost on a Celtic win at football, at 1.20, but you would be risking 10pts, which would need a bigger risk if it lost. Anyway I will be triying it out, going to look for some selections tommorrow. Please let me know what you think. Sco

Re: System to win even if you lose Now just to put this into perspective. If it was based on a simpe tossing of a coin and there were no odds, there is a 1/64 chance that you would not win. Now the if you can figure out bets with good value, who you think have a 50/50 chance of winning then this is essentially what you are doing. Except i feel that with knowledge on players and statistics this can be overcome. Sco

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.