Flat Racing 9th June

Is it me or are Boyles really wrong on their 20/1 for Manieree in the last at Leopardstown? 12/1 with PP and less than 10s on the exchange, even though obviously hardly any liquidity. Still held Hurracaine Havoc all be it over 7f but should stay the extra trip, ran well LTO over 1m2f and maybe committed for home too early but got squeezed at the end anyway. This price just seems wrong to me

Flat Racing: 9th Jun 2011 8.20 Haydock Just 9 runners for this Class 5, 7f handicap at my local track and, provided we're paying 3 places and they all stand their ground, I've found a nice little bet. Barista (6/1 William Hill BOG) - I'm getting on this one early as I don't see the price being around too long. This represents a drop in class after running well in higher grades and with the 1lb ease in the weights, I'm sure this one will be winning very soon indeed. As last time, has a very capable and in form 7lb claimer on top so that's a plus for his handicap mark. Was 5L behind Western Aristocrat lto but ran on really well on ground too fast, that was also a very hot race indeed. Is racing over his best trip but, of more interest, is the fact that the rain will have gotten into the ground and this horse is unbeaten in this country on ground softer than good (2 from 2). His only reverse was on heavy at Saint Cloud in listed company; remember, this is a Class 4 handicap. Has a turn of foot and is a 3yo still open to improvement despite the miles on his clock. Seems ready to strike on the account of the 3 entries the horse holds over the next 3 days, the other 2 declarations being in hotter heats than this suggesting that he's well regarded and connections are taking the easier option to resume winning ways. Isn't a massive price but big enough to recommend an EW bet, I think this one will reward our patience of having to wait until late tomorrow night until our only bet of the day.

Re: Flat Racing 9th June Leopardstown 6:55 Beyond Desire 13-2 Paddy Power 1 POINT WIN Already selected in this thread and this looks a great bet to me. Red hot stable Roger Varian sends his top man Neil Callan to Ireland for this one ride. Horse was a top performer at this level, came 2nd in a group 3 here last season which is a big positive having course experience. Had some injury issues but they are well behind her now as her last run proved traveling well in a class 1 in nottingham last month eventually finishing 6th only 3.5 lengths behind the winner. Bound to have needed that run so should be fighting fit today.

Re: Flat Racing 9th June near miss yesterday with the tominator finishing 3rd at 16/1 and that was probably due to the ground changing to good/sft after the rain they had so hopefully better luck today (if it doesnt rain again) 2.30 newbury competitive 1 mile hcap with levitate 113 and dysios 113 well fancied in the betting but i dont like neither of these 2 as levitate will need to improve a lot (but could well do ) and dysios has gone up 9lbs in hcap i like the look of royal reverie 10/1 corals,william hill whos win lto looks good on the clock (123) has been raised 6lbs but that still sets the benchmark and 10/1 looks too big with others going 8/1 (may be a potential lay later if good money ) ,there is also a dark horse in this race cheylesmore 55.0 betfair who has an adjusted 117 and is 3lbs lower in the hcap today so could potentially run a big race off this weight and has collateral form with royal reverie which would give him a chance of being very close to that selection today so im going 2pts win each today

Re: Flat Racing 9th June 5.40 Nottingham: Dragon Slayer 1pt win @ 3/1 Bet365 BOG Took advantage of declining mark LTO when a convincing winner of an apprentice jockey handicap over C&D under today's rider. Runs from same mark today and Lucy Barry can claim her additional 7lbs from the horse's back today making the horse look very well handicapped indeed on best form. Obvious chance here really under similar conditions and 3/1 looks a good price IMO.

Re: Flat Racing 9th June TASFEYA 7.50 Haydock. 0.5 points each way. Only 2 places up for grabs, but trip and ground fine and should be able to dictate this race. Has the unexposed favourite to beat, obviously but I think he'll run to form and maybe improve a pound or two up against the favourite. Should be a good battle but we've got the odds well on our side in what appears a 2-horse race to me. 6/1 Bet365 BOG

Re: Flat Racing 9th June

3.05 newb : im quite hot on this moment of time 6/1 hills ,he has recorded 112,118 on his last 2 runs and looks to be improving ,118 is the best of these to date but with some possible improvers in here he will need a bit more again but if so 6/1 e.w is huge 5pts e.w
outclassed by ruhm today but 3rd at 7/1

Re: Flat Racing 9th June i very rarely go for favs but ming meng in the 3.50 yarm looks a good thing on paper ,his speed rating of 135 is over sairaams 133 ,sairaam has gone up 4-5 lbs in the hcap and ming meng had been dropped 1lb .on paper its a walkover .....its never that case in reality but 6/4 is a good price 4pts win

Re: Flat Racing 9th June 4.15 Newbury - 1pt win Silenzio @ 12/1 (Bet365) - BOG Will plump for a competitive handicap, with unexposed types involved, but I like Richard Hannon's Silenzio at a nice price. Finished midfield behind Carlton House on debut when the saddle slipped, and build on this when 2nd in a 7f Kempton maiden - the useful Kuala Limper in 3rd. Went up to a mile at the same venue next time out and tried to dominate, but got run out of it to finish 4th of 10, beaten 4 3/4l by Yaseer - who is now rated 104. The 2nd hacked up on his only race since, and the 3rd is now rated 80. Silenzio returned to the track when a big price in a tough Ascot handicap last month, when comfortably beaten by Samurai Sword. Was bang there with 2 to go though, and that might freshen him up, especially with the drop back to 7f today. That was a hot race, and whilst this isn't that bad, it is an easier race. A mark of 73 looks very fair indeed, and he should be capable of winning off a mark this low. Hopefully it can be today.

Re: Flat Racing 9th June

Is it me or are Boyles really wrong on their 20/1 for Manieree in the last at Leopardstown? 12/1 with PP and less than 10s on the exchange, even though obviously hardly any liquidity. Still held Hurracaine Havoc all be it over 7f but should stay the extra trip, ran well LTO over 1m2f and maybe committed for home too early but got squeezed at the end anyway. This price just seems wrong to me
Bloody hell, was sure I had a place then!