Golf prediction thread (new format)

Re: Golf prediction thread (new format) WEEK SIX PICKS AT&T NATIONAL Hunter Mahan 5pts @ 23.00 (22.99) Kevin Streelman 4pts @ 50.00 (24.26) Webb Simpson 3pts @ 29.00 (24.45) Bo Van Pelt 2pts @ 27.00 (24.92) K.J. Choi 1pt @ 30.00 (26.04)Keeping faith then with Mahan and Simpson. The 2008 and 2009 events were played at Congressional so are not factored in here. Watney is a remarkably strong favourite at 14 or so on Betfair. He ranks 9th on my sheet for the week at odds of 36.75. OPEN DE FRANCE ALSTOM Peter Hanson 5pts @ 14.50 (23.87) Matteo Manassero 4pts @ 19.50 (28.92) Martin Kaymer 3pts @ 11.50 (31.69) Francesco Molinari 2pts @ 24.00 (36.05) Pablo Larrazabal 1pt @ 34.00 (40.31) Larrazabal comes off a win last week and won here in 2008. Hanson seems ready to be rewarded for some very consistent recent performances and could take some beating. Bubba Watson tees off here so could easily be one to throw a spanner in the works. Like Garcia last week he has no real rating based on the system criteria as he has hardly faced many of this field. The top four here are the first four on Betfair and if you add Alvaro Quiros these are the top seven including Watson. I think I am due a win this time...

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Golf prediction thread (new format) Faxy - I'm keen to learn a little bit more about this system. How do you rank the players - I understand you take positions from previous 7 tournaments and the previous years results for the actual tournament, but how do you then rank them. Is it on a point system? Not to down with punter talk - what are true odds? Tidy Butt, loving your skills.:drums