BBOTD; Sunday 22nd May

15:40 Curragh Priomhbhean looks a solid proposition in this big field handicap at the Curragh. She’s a lightly raced 4yo filly trained by Jim Bolger, with a fairly impressive strike rate. She’s won four times from eight starts, and was a progressive type throughout the season, although she did post a couple of below par efforts towards the back end of the season, however there are excuses for both and I think she has a cracking chance today. The selection has never run over today’s trip of 1m4f, but on breeding, running style and future race entries, it’s likely to suit. She has never won at a trip further than an extended 1m2f at Dundalk. That was a Conditions race and she managed to beat a rival rated 10lbs higher in the final strides. It was a fairly taking run, especially as it took her so long to get going, and it looked that an increase in distance would bring about more improvement. This view is supported by a couple of her other runs, including her victory at Tipperary over 9f earlier in her career. It took her an absolute age to get going, and needed rousting along a long way from home. Her stamina took over and she flew home to win quite nicely. Priomhbhean ended the season in listed races, and perhaps they were a step too far for her at that stage. She did perform with credit in the first of these Listed contests, but didn’t have the pace for the 10f contest, after being given a very positive ride. She stuck to her task when beaten and wasn’t stopping at the finish, it definitely wasn’t a dismal effort. Her season bowed out when well beaten in another Listed contest at Dundalk. That was over a mile, mind and that’s definitely a trip that’s too sharp for her. She didn’t really stand a chance. 1m4f will likely be her optimum trip, and that’s what she faces today. From past evidence, it will likely bring about some improvement. The switch back to Handicap’s will also be of benefit, as even though it’s a tough race, she’s unlikely to bump into some top-class horses like he did in the Listed races, such as Famous Name. Her best efforts have come on good to firm ground, which is another plus. She’s also entered in some Group 3 races over this 1m4f trip, so obviously she’s quite well thought of. Jim Bolger isn’t in bad form at the moment, with plenty of his horses running well. She isn’t drawn badly and will likely be able to settle just off the pace. She’s been off since November, but won first time up last season on debut, so perhaps she’s a horse that goes well fresh. I think she has a big chance of making the frame today. The 20/1 on offer today is absolutely huge in my view, as I was expecting it to be priced around 10/1, and I thought that price was value! She’ll likely go off a lot shorter, perhaps even in single figures. A maximum EW bet, with 4 places paid. I’m confident of a good run. Priomhbhean; EW @ 20/1 Boylesports (BOG)

Re: BBOTD; Sunday 22nd May 15.10 Curragh So You Think - 1pt win @ 2/9 Bet365 it will be very hard for anything here to beat So You Think hes a mutiple group 1 winner and has destroyed hes rivals in all of hes runs to date has won over this course and distance and it just looks by how many lenghts will So You Think win this by

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.