Temple Stakes

Saturday's big race at Haydock, and in a way, it's a slight shame that this race wasn't held the week after on the same day as the PL Raceday! To me, Overdose is the best sprinter in Europe, and probably 2nd or 3rd in the world. (Black Caviar/Rocket Man). Although unproven against anything top-class, he's been beating decent fields in Europe, over the minimum distances as easy as you like. And of course, he was so unlucky in the Abbaye. Only real concern would be his behaviour at the stalls, but our handlers are surely better prepared than the Germans when he acted up there, and of course should have been withdrawn. I'm so so tempted to pile on at the 5/2 currently on offer, as I think he'll end up shorter especially against this sort of field, although his price may get bigger as can quite imagine a few people will want to take him on. I can't see him being beaten...

Re: Temple Stakes I was thinking about thjis earlier mate. Clearly impressive in what he has done. But what exactly has he done?! I know his time was good in the voided race in France, but has he got what it takes to win this, against top class opposition...? I am really excited to see him, as he has been mentionned as a class act for years....

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.