Flat Racing 16th May

3.00 Bath Wooden King had a good spell of things towards the end of last year on the AW and clearly came on for the run last time out winning my the shortest of margins to Matteroffact who honestly did nothing for the form when bombing out at Southwell but willing to forgive any run on fibresand and the fact the the front 3 pulled well clear offers hope off just a 4lb higher mark and clearly still in good heart and well suited to rattling fast ground. Sermons Mount might be a tad overpriced at 11/1 with bet365, he landed a very nice gamble on final start last season round here over CD, winning very easily off a 5lb lower mark, wasnt seen after that but had been mainly reliable and plenty of placed efforts suggesting he can go on again this season, looked badly in need of the run on first start this season but a better show has to be excpected today with that run behind him. 2pt win Wooden King 7/2 hills 1pt e/w Sermons Mount 11/1 bet365 4.10 Wolverhamton The Bradley yard are desperate to get a win into The Tatling before retiring the old boy and he is clearly in great shape and although competing at basement level now he struggles to lay up with the early pace at times these times often starting slowly got away on much better terms last time and ran a blinder to finish 3rd, back on the AW today and well drawn against the rail if coming out on terms and clearly handicapped to win races off this mark, yard are showing signs of a revival with a win recently and several placed efforts. The other that interests me is Odd Ball and I wrote this last time out at Musselburgh Odd Ball is an interesting runner rated only 56 on handicap debut. He got that rating having beaten a very very modest bunch on debut, yard thought he would need the run but in the end he just did enough to get up and can surely only go one way after that and aslong as he continues to learn the mark of 56 might underestimate him. He is related to a couple of unpredictable sprinters at a modest level including Pinball and Rocketball but have both scored of higher marks and interesting that Rocketball has shown useful form over CD and fast ground has been the key to both those horses so aslong as the rain doesnt get into the ground he must have a chance in this race. Unfortunately the ground probably went against him that day and threw the race away at the start rearing at the stalls, will need to get away cleanly today against hardened sprinters but he did win first time out over CD and his mark looks a very workable one, clearly unexposed and open to plenty more. 1pt win Odd Ball 8/1 pp 1pt win The Tatling 11/2 pp 7.30 Windsor Not a race I want to be getting to heavily involved in with severals these in form and running well but Roberto Pegasus might be a handicap blot aslong as he is fit to do himself justice tonight. On breeding wouldnt have wanted 1m2f on debut but needed every yard of it extra 2f surely has to be in his favour on that evidence and although that win came on soft ground relatives have done their winning on firm ground so that shouldnt be a problem. A mark of 74 is very lenient with the 3rd placed horse in that maiden Shallow Bay winning off a mark of 74 and placed off a mark of 84 twice in some hot handicaps this season. Also the 4th horse won next time out in a maiden and has been given a rating of 76 and he was nearly 8 lengths behind that day so a mark of 74 may be a big blot. Phelan yard are just about running to form and have had several placed horses. 3pts e/w Roberto Pegasus 6/1 bet365

Re: Flat Racing 16th May 1.40 Wolverhampton - 1pt e/w Camps Bay @ 11/1 (Bet365) This horse is very consistent without getting his head in front. I think 12f on polytrack is ideal and could go well in a race such as this. Might not win, but I think looks a useful e/w bet at double-figure prices. Looks nicely in at the weights, and the jockey has at least won a race, which is a decent start in races such as these.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.