Tactical withdrawals

Been on holiday all week and for the first time bought the Racing Ahead magazine for something to pass a bit of time with and found an interesting article from Colin Magee inside . Basically it questions whether some runners which are withdrawn as non runners are done so because of the draw bias they had to face . The 2 tracks in question were CHESTER and BEVERLEY , probably the 2 course's with the most percieved track bias over 5-7f in the UK. He listed 13 declared non-runners from last season at Chester who were to have ran from high numbered stalls who next time out [ within 14 days ] were found to have had 4 winners amonst them @ 4/1, 13/2 , 10/1 and 10/3. Also there were two 2nds and a couple of 3rd's , all at EW prices where at least your stake would have been returned. The thinking behind this is that these horses are considered 'fit to win' but due to the track bias that winning chance is negated by the draw they were given therefore the horse is declared a non runner and is held back for another prize to come along [ within 14 days to ensure fitness is still a factor ] So with all that in mind i had a look back to last weeks CHESTER and BEVERLY meetings . 2 stood out from Chester , SIX OF HEARTS was due to run from stall 17 in what turned out to be a 14 runner race. DAISYCLIPPER was due to run from stall 13 in what turned out to be a 12 runner race . Over at BEVERLY , PLUMSUM was due to run from stall 10 , 9 eventually ran . PLUMSUM does not have any entries in the coming days so is probaly best ignored , However SIX OF HEARTS has been declared at the 4 days stage to run in a NAVAN Handicap on Sunday and even better we have DAISYCLIPPER declared on Saturday at Doncaster's evening meeting , 7.40 , and interestingly P HANAGHAN has been booked by trainer ANN DUFFIELD for whom Hanaghan has a 26% strke rate for . Therefore BET No 1 is 10pt win DAISYCLIPPER in the 7.40 at Donny. Of course there won't be too many selections during the season but as long as we can pin-point some winners , or even decent EW shots , i think we can hopefully show a profit come November :hope .

Re: Tactical withdrawals looks very interesting jtw1,on the back of your write up im going to do something that breaks all my gambling rules and back your selections before this system has become a proven one(i think it will)(only for a very small percentage of a betting bank) best of luck with this jtw1:hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.