BBOTD 8th May

15.20 Worchester Paint The Clouds - 1pt win @ sp Paint The Clouds has been terrific over hurdles this season winning hes last two fairly easy and nothing looks to oppose him to make a winning chasing debut there should be no problem with the ground or trip and with champion jockey McCoy on board he should get the job done here

Re: BBOTD 8th May Recital 4.15 Leopardstown 5/6 William Hill (BOG) Opened earlier at 11-10, cut immediately, was evens for a while and that is gone too, best price now odds on. Flopped last time out but not given a hard race, held up way too far back and possibly setting it up for this race and then the Derby. Moore rode it last time but Fallon takes over and that is eyecatching for me. Won a Group 1 in style at 2, held in high regard by connections and they didn't seem concerned by its run last time out. O'Brien sends his best horses here and his record in this race is amazing. Zanughan and Giant Step look the main dangers.

Re: BBOTD 8th May 5:45 Punchestown - Famous Name - Back Looks absolutely bombproof here. He loves Leopardstown and is a multiple Group winner. The opposition looks way below his level and even at around 1/5 he's a fair price to win this. I'd be staggered if he got beaten here 1pt win @ SP

Re: BBOTD 8th May Plumpton 2.10 Jimmy The Brave 0.5pt EW - 100/1 Bet365 Weak maiden hurdle with the market principals rated in the 100-110 region. This race wouldn't take much winning and I'm going with the outsider, who didn't go anywhere lto, but was too keen and just didn't stay the 2m3f trip. On his debut he finished 4th over 1m6f and showed some promise. If the hurdles make him settle and concentrate, he could outrun his price today and might give me a run for the money. Worth a gamble I reckon. Could be a massive price on Betfair.

Re: BBOTD 8th May 5.15 Leopardstown Lord Kenmare e/w 25/1 Bet 365 This horse was unlucky last season going from 84 to 92 without winning. His rating was raised due to some consistent placings in some competitive handicaps. He has proven that he can handle these big field races and actually returned in this race last year from a break to finish second to the classy handicapper Across The Rhine. He was staying on that day and is only 1lb higher today with the handicapper dropping him 5lbs since his last run. That should give him a strong chance of at least a place here as there is nothing special in this race. Shane Foley gets on well with the horse and all of the horses bad runs last season came when Foley was not on board. Lord Kenmare has never won on turf in 14 attempts but he has a couple of seconds and thirds so he has gone close. The handicapper has given him a chance and he has probably been targeted at this race after a close second in the race last year so hopefully he can go one better today. Interestingly the connections of last years winner have Prince Jock entered who is also of interest but I am happy to stick with Lord Kenmare.

Re: BBOTD 8th May 4.40 Plumpton Mister Matt - finished behind the favourite (Health Is Wealth) last time but enjoys a nice little weight pull with that rival today and would have finished closer last time had he not stumbled badly and unbalanced rider. That was over shorter trip, step up to 2m4f here also works in his favour. 11/2 Boylesports 1 pt win.

Re: BBOTD 8th May 5,15 Leopardstown Prince Jock ew @ 20/1 Got off the mark last season winning a maiden at fairyhouse. Followed this up by winning two handicaps on the bounce at Ballinrobe and Killarney. He has been gelded over the winter and made his seasonal debut at Dundalk on the all weather in April when he needed the run. Showed winning form on soft thru to good/firm last term so the ground will not pose a problem and the step back up in trip will suit.

Re: BBOTD 8th May 4:10 Plumpton DE WELSH WIZZARD 1pt WIN 7-1 SportingBet This horse seems to appreciate Plumpton winning by 4.5lengths in March over the same distance. It also lost out by a length last time out at the same course. There is a worry that De Welsh Wizzard is running off slightly too high a mark but it's the form of the conditional jockey that has swayed me. S O'donovan has had 3 rides at Plumpton in the last month and won 2 of them, finishing 2nd on the other occasion. Of the competition I thought Emmaslegend was a good price consdidering she is a proven distance winner and will handle today's ground however her wins have come at class 5 level. A fair few of the field are tackling this longer trip for the first time including horses like Paddy Partridge and Forty Thirty. Sinbad the Sailor doesn't have much experience over the sticks but is the obvious danger to my horse but I can't consider backing the favourite at less than 2-1.

Re: BBOTD 8th May

5.15 Leopardstown Lord Kenmare e/w 25/1 Bet 365 This horse was unlucky last season going from 84 to 92 without winning. His rating was raised due to some consistent placings in some competitive handicaps. He has proven that he can handle these big field races and actually returned in this race last year from a break to finish second to the classy handicapper Across The Rhine. He was staying on that day and is only 1lb higher today with the handicapper dropping him 5lbs since his last run. That should give him a strong chance of at least a place here as there is nothing special in this race. Shane Foley gets on well with the horse and all of the horses bad runs last season came when Foley was not on board. Lord Kenmare has never won on turf in 14 attempts but he has a couple of seconds and thirds so he has gone close. The handicapper has given him a chance and he has probably been targeted at this race after a close second in the race last year so hopefully he can go one better today. Interestingly the connections of last years winner have Prince Jock entered who is also of interest but I am happy to stick with Lord Kenmare.
This has gone from 25/1 in places to as low as 8/1 in less than an hour

Re: BBOTD 8th May Plumpton 14:10 STEVIE THUNDER Stevie Thunder drops down a class today and should break his duck over hurdles in this maiden race. He finished 4 lengths behind Lifestyle who looks a decent hurdler in the making under Nicky Henderson. He has been beaten on his first start over hurdles by McCain's Drill Sargeant who has contested a couple of good races lately including the grade 3 Swinton Hurdle yesterday. Stevie Thunder has also faced Colin Tizzard's horse Falcon Island on his 2nd start and was well beaten but this race is a drop down in class with lesser opposition and should break his duck today. There are a number of unexposed horses running in this race but it would certainly be a suprise to see any of them win and it looks like a contest between Highly Regal and Stevie Thunder. Highly Regal has a couple of placed efforts at this course in C5's and should go well again but I think Stevie Thunder should just have that little bit of quality to beat him and I like Harry Skelton on board who gave Niche Market a nice ride in the Grand National. 1pt win at 2/1.

Re: BBOTD 8th May 4.20 Worcester Sir Ian 11/2 William Hill One of the better races on the card at Worcester today and highly competitve. Sir Ian looked a much improved animal last year winning 3 times. He went very close off a mark of 129 where he was just outstayed in the end. Drop back in trip here will suit and he 4lb lower than when finishing 3rd to buffalo bob at the end of last year. he has had a run this year to hopefully put him spot on for this

Re: BBOTD 8th May 3.50 Worcester: King Brex 0.5pt e/w @ 22/1 Boylesports BOG Charlie Mann's string not in bad fettle at the minute and think King Brex looks a little overpriced here. Won very well at Sandown a couple of starts back before running a very disappointing race LTO. That run appeared too bad to be true and on best form would have a very good chance here today in what appears an open race. Conditions look ideal today and chances IMO.

Re: BBOTD 8th May Shrewd Investment 1.50 Worcester. 0.5 points each way. Handicapper again puts him in off a mark of 108, & although he could do with dropping a pound or two, I like the fact the blinkers go on today, which I think will bring about some improvement. Goes on the ground & the trip's fine, so should be able to go very close today. I'll take the 7/1 with Bet365.

Re: BBOTD 8th May THE LAODICEAN 2.20 Worcester. 0.5 points each way. Not sure what happened last time, so a bit of a worry, but previous form gives him a chance and they've fitted a tongue tie for today which I think will help him. The trip and ground shouldn't be a problem and could improve a bit for the tongue tie, so at decent odds would be a fair each way bet for me. 18/1 BlueSquare for competition purposes.

Re: BBOTD 8th May I'll stick with Mr Weld's in the 2nd last at Leopardstown. His 5yr old gelding is still lightly run and they seem to have put him aside for today, he was 4th last time out be that back in Jan, that was a 15 runenr race and wasn,t all that far away, we could see a better horse today, the better ground today could be more up his street, he'l not be far away. Leopardstown 5:15 Race 6- Duc De Savoie 1pt win SP Hope you day has Luck in it.

Re: BBOTD 8th May Leop 4.15 Derrinstown Derby trial - Rich Tapestry EW at 20/1 BOG with Wm Hill Along with the Dante and the 2000 Gns this is usually the benchmark for the Derby Recital is odds on and will probably win but there is a bit of a doubt as to wether he handles good to firm ground. He hung in the Ballysax on similar ground and got beat. There's a chance that he might react badly to a second run on firmish ground in a short space of time Rich Tapestry finished a short head behind him in the Ballysax and is 20/1 at the moment compared to odds on for the favourite ! Regent Street beat them both in the Ballysax and is currently 12/1 for today, but he's the Ballydoyle pacemaker and they rarely win tho' often stay on into a place. Only 7 runners which is a great shame, but I'll take Rich Tapestry EW at 20/1 with Wm Hill - really good chance of finishing 2nd and who knows maybe an upset if the fave reacts badly to the ground

Re: BBOTD 8th May 4-15 LEOPARDSTOWN...ZANUGHAN...1 PT WIN @ SP ================================= Recital is the odds on fav and should take all the beating, the fact O'Brien has kept this horse in Ireland worries me, so does the ground. So in my opinion its worth siding with ZANUGHAN, the faster ground should suit this horse and I would guess he will stalk the two O Brien horses and kick on near the end, hes bred to stay much further so stamina is not in question, big step up today but Oxx is a shrewd trainer and Murtagh rides this course fantastically well.

Re: BBOTD 8th May

3.50 Worcester: King Brex 0.5pt e/w @ 22/1 Boylesports BOG Charlie Mann's string not in bad fettle at the minute and think King Brex looks a little overpriced here. Won very well at Sandown a couple of starts back before running a very disappointing race LTO. That run appeared too bad to be true and on best form would have a very good chance here today in what appears an open race. Conditions look ideal today and chances IMO.
Great shout, nice drift :notworthy

Re: BBOTD 8th May 5.15 Leopardstown - 1pt win Skyway @ 15/2 (Hills) Big field for this one mile handicap but Skyway was very consistent last year, and has form figures at Leopardstown of 123. Has to come back from a break but is reasonably solid in the market so I'm quite content to go with the horse. Has only been beaten over a length on one occasion. Its latest run was solid with the two horses he was clear with going up in the ratings since. Drawn central which I'm quite happy with, and think he can go in.