** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

WASHMAN - do you coach?

leedsjay

Re: WASHMAN - do you coach? I wish he would ;), but I think he not even does when you bash him with a wooden spoon And yes Jay you need a certain amount of posts to be able to pm, I think it is 50 but am not 100% sure about this. With coaching perhaps you have a regular look in the strategy thread sometimes there are quite helpful things as well

Re: WASHMAN - do you coach?

Hi Jay - unfortunately I don't do any coaching. To be honest I wouldn't have the first idea where to start :\ Also' date=' my bankroll management is dubious, so I'm sure there are better people than me to ask :unsure[/quote'] fair enough although your results speak for them selves... are you a full time player or do you have a day job? If you ever decide to coach by giving out strategy tips or reviewing hand histories then please let me know:notworthy

Re: WASHMAN - do you coach? I know we only see your 'hits' on the site and don't see how many 'misses' you encompass within the hits, but for me Rich your satellite returns seems exceptionally good. We have a few journalists who pass by maybe they could elicit a few nuggets of information, in return for a few nuggets in your direction;) Although we've just had a big satellite article in PP and ones due in the next WPT mag as the WSOP come around - maybe you could have few notes ready for articles when the Aussie Millions sats come around (as IIRC you've made that 2 out of last 3 years from Satellites) ready for the call. It would be interesting what you make of the PP article this month on Satellite Strategy and what points you agree with and what you'd do differently :)

Re: WASHMAN - do you coach? Ok, I'm going to post a bit about my satellite play, but it might all be useless :\ First things first, decide what event you want to go for. Whether its a big online tournament or a live game somewhere. The first time I qualified for the Aussie Millions I saw $80 sat running one day, bought into it the next day and then finished about 6th in the main event satellite. That was a few days before we had Hillys Home Game - I mentioned how I'd done, and said I was going to have another go. Hey presto, the next time I won my seat. Then you need to decide which site you want to qualify through (if there is a choice). I've played a sat on Full Tilt (for this years Aussie Millions) and a couple on Stars, and I'd suggest staying away from these 2 sites if possible :lol For me bwin have provided some great trips, and they look after you well - this is really important if you're travelling on your own, or making your first visit somwhere. In comparison, my first Aussie trip had a couple of meals with Marty Wilson, but only because his missus had qualified. Otherwise, i think we'd have been left on our own. A few months later I went to Pokernews Cup in Oz with bwin - I could have had a meal out with them every day, plus bars, clubs, day trips etc. I won't give any recommendations about levels to start at, or how much you want to set aside to play - this is all down to the person, and what you can afford. I have a reasonably well paid job, and no dependents, so am pretty flexible in which level I start at. Once your in the final stage you probably have between a 1 in 10 and 1 in 30 chance of winning that seat. If you play on one of the big two sites there may be multiple setas on offer, which should change your play towards the end. If your on a smaller site, there will only be one package, and maybe nothing for second. In this case you just have to go for the win - take your chances when you can, and most of all get lucky :hope I think PP has the satellite strategy covered tbh. All you need to do is decide where you want to visit.

Re: WASHMAN - do you coach?

Ok, I'm going to post a bit about my satellite play, but it might all be useless :\ First things first, decide what event you want to go for. Whether its a big online tournament or a live game somewhere. The first time I qualified for the Aussie Millions I saw $80 sat running one day, bought into it the next day and then finished about 6th in the main event satellite. That was a few days before we had Hillys Home Game - I mentioned how I'd done, and said I was going to have another go. Hey presto, the next time I won my seat. Then you need to decide which site you want to qualify through (if there is a choice). I've played a sat on Full Tilt (for this years Aussie Millions) and a couple on Stars, and I'd suggest staying away from these 2 sites if possible :lol For me bwin have provided some great trips, and they look after you well - this is really important if you're travelling on your own, or making your first visit somwhere. In comparison, my first Aussie trip had a couple of meals with Marty Wilson, but only because his missus had qualified. Otherwise, i think we'd have been left on our own. A few months later I went to Pokernews Cup in Oz with bwin - I could have had a meal out with them every day, plus bars, clubs, day trips etc. I won't give any recommendations about levels to start at, or how much you want to set aside to play - this is all down to the person, and what you can afford. I have a reasonably well paid job, and no dependents, so am pretty flexible in which level I start at. Once your in the final stage you probably have between a 1 in 10 and 1 in 30 chance of winning that seat. If you play on one of the big two sites there may be multiple setas on offer, which should change your play towards the end. If your on a smaller site, there will only be one package, and maybe nothing for second. In this case you just have to go for the win - take your chances when you can, and most of all get lucky :hope I think PP has the satellite strategy covered tbh. All you need to do is decide where you want to visit.
Thanks Richard :ok:ok