BBOTD 28th April

18.05 Brighton Mandhooma - 1 pt win @ SP Mandhooma was beaten last time out by a length but should get back winning ways at a track she enjoys racing at winning a treble here last season and will take plenty of the beating if can show that form again against main rival in the field Buxton

Re: BBOTD 28th April 3:50 Stormin Exit @ Perth - Was going well in the Grand Sefton until falling back in November.Was a bit dissapointing LTO when not jumping too well but has been dropped 1lb for that run.Usual jockey James Reveley takes the ride again and if finding its jumping again will go close 1pt Win bet @ 7/1 VCBet

Re: BBOTD 28th April 4.40 Bath - Volcanic Dust (6/1 Bet365) 1pt Win Makes 3yo debut and debut for Milton Bradley, in hindsight some fairly decent performances in her 2yo career finishing second to Krypton Factor in a nursery at Beverley, that one went on to listed successes in England before being placed in the UAE Guineas over a possibly unsuitable trip. Her final start for Ed Dunlop when dropped to claiming company reads particularly well now as well in light of the exploits of the winner that day, Chevise, who went on to win all his next four starts culminating in a victory in a class 4 handicap off 79. The lack of a recent run is a concern, but I think she could be nicely handicapped off this mark and this doesn't look overly competitive, wily old trainer knows how to handle sprinters and she must have a good chance providing she has trained on from 2 to 3 and is tuned up for her seasonal debut.

Re: BBOTD 28th April Douryna 15:00 Hereford sp paddy power fancy douryna in this relatively poor field finished 3rd lto out and to be fair never looked like winnning but the run before that at huntingdon caught my eye where she won easily if she runs anything like that today i think she should get the win , trainer tizzard has been in good form aswell in the past couple of weeks hopefully gets another win here :hope

Re: BBOTD 28th April Hello There, this is my first attempt at this, so if it's format is wrong please let me know and I will correct for next time :-) I would like: 14:10 @ Bath. Gee Major Each Way. My reason for this is that the first song I ever wrote was in G Major :-) Also I think the last two times Gee raced in Bath it came first so I think there is a liking to the track. Finished 5th and 4th on last 2 races but I see a promising outcome tomorrow. kind regards Richard

Re: BBOTD 28th April Was very tempted by REDFORD at CHANTILLY as my BBOTD but I'll go with this one. 3.10 Bath BATELEUR 1.5pts e/w 11/2 William Hill I am going to be safe and go each way with this horse as there are plenty in here with chances. This horse finished third behind WELCOME APPROACH and METROLPITAN CHIEF last time out so is not guaranteed to reverse that form. Add to the mix the impressive all weather winner REBECCA ROMERO and the old boy THE TATLING and you have yourself and very competitive race, not to mention the others! BATELEUR has never gone very well first time back from a break which wasn't the case this year. He ran very well finishing 3rd behind 2 horses that came into the race in good form. I think this run just emphasises how far forward the Channon horses seem to be for this time of the year. After 5f of that race my selection was in front and battled on well all the way to the line so should come on for the run. Charles Bishop who claims 7lb is back on board today after giving the horse a perfectly good ride last time out. BATELEUR also has a course win to his name and often runs here which is another positive. That win came over 6f off a mark of 64 with the jockey taking off 5lb so was effectively running off 59. Today he actually runs of 59 with the jockey taking off another 7lb so should be able to get involved off this mark. I think WELCOME APPROACH will definitely run well again and should be thereabouts along with REBECCA ROMERO. Hughes rides the latter and if transferring the form she showed at Lingfield to the turf she would have a massive chance. METROPOLITAN CHIEF has never won over 5f and won't get much assistance in the saddle so I am happy him over. The only other horse I can see getting involved in the finish is THE TATLING who is opposable for win purposes. SPIC N SPAN is a Southwell horse and DECIDER hasn't won on the turf in 18 attempts. Quite happy to stick with BATELEUR to come on for his seasonal debut and go 2 places better to win this

Re: BBOTD 28th April

Douryna 15:00 Hereford sp paddy power fancy douryna in this relatively poor field finished 3rd lto out and to be fair never looked like winnning but the run before that at huntingdon caught my eye where she won easily if she runs anything like that today i think she should get the win , trainer tizzard has been in good form aswell in the past couple of weeks hopefully gets another win here :hope
Hi Fella, is your bet 0.5 e/w ? or 1pt win ?

Re: BBOTD 28th April

Donald Will Do 5.15 Southwell - 2 pt win Gets the course well , Gets the Distance well , Dropping down in Class today which should make it slightly easier. This is my bed of the day..
Have a read at the rules fella. Its 0.5 e/w bet or 1pt win. http://forum.punterslounge.com/f13/bet-day-tables-april-115692/

Re: BBOTD 28th April Down as rank outsider but am not so sure, its a pretty poor contest and if trainer Chris Grant's 9yr old bay gelding can get the trip he's not out a race like this. He's won at Perth in the past and sure he can be abit hit or miss but as we all know anything can happen in horse racing, the ground should be up his street today and female jockey Laura Horner aint that shabby either. Its both trainer and jockey's sole runner and ride of the day so if the pick today shows up fit and in the mood he could run a nice race at a cracking price. Perth 3:50 Tom's Toybox - 0.5 e/w bet 16/1 @ Bet365, PP & Hills Please folks take some short time and read the rules on this Comp, thanks.

Re: BBOTD 28th April 645 Southwell : Grandads Horse 1pt (9/4) Bet365 Putting this up early as i'm not bound to be around later, this one is very well regarded at home and was disappointing not to win first time over hurdles but the form has worked out well. Should be more forward today as a few jumping errors let him down that day. Jonjo has a debutant which might be the danger.

Re: BBOTD 28th April 2.50 Perth: Platin Grounds 1pt win @ 10/1 WillHill BOG Quite look the look of this one today. NTD has an enviable record at Perth over the last 5 seasons with a 31% strikerate and a £21/level stakes profit. Made a good start to the two day meet with a winner with his only runner and I think this horse may have a big chance today. Chase form leaving a little to be desired, especially having broken a blood vessel LTO, however based on best known hurdles form the horse looks particularly well weighted and could run a big race if taking to fences at a course it has won at before. 10/1 looks generous and worth a speculative punt.

Re: BBOTD 28th April Bath 2:10 Fedora 10-1 Bet365(BOG) 1 Point WIN If you look at this horse history it has performed best when running a mile on good/firm ground. Some really good finishes especially in Ireland off a mark of 68 over a mile on GF ground. Recently it looks like the ground/trip has been unsuitable but now back on a lowly mark of 53 over optimum ground a trip this horse should perform a lot better than recent runs suggest. There is nothing in the field to be worried about and the excellent Cathy Gannon takes the ride. LOoks overpriced for a weak enough affair, this horse is capable of better and wont have a better chance to shot it than today.

Re: BBOTD 28th April 18.05 Brighton - Could It Be Magic @11/2 Ladbrokes Poor race where Could It Be Magic should have a chance to win his first race. Still a maiden but the last two outings on All Weather were good enough to think that he could be capable of winning a race like this. The mark of 72 might be a little bit too high but there might be more to come from him as well and I hope he can improve further with the switch to turf.

Re: BBOTD 28th April I've been lurking on these forums too long, it's about time I got involved, I'll start here :D 2:00 Hereford | Abergavenny | 1pt WIN (6/5, Bet365) Not feeling too adventurous today, so I'll start out with one of my smaller priced choices. First time over hurdles, but the yard have looked strong recently and he ran well enough in defeat last time out on the flat to suggest there's more in the tank; I fancy him to get off to a winning start here if his jumping is up to scratch. Ground shouldn't be a problem based on his efforts on the flat, including two wins over 10f at this or a higher class. Call To Arms and Souter Point are the main threats, but CTA could probably do with softer ground, and nothing I've seen from SP has got me particularly excited about his career over jumps so far, so I'm having to plump for a boring short odds favourite here :unsure I know I've hardly set the world alight with my first choice :lol Hopefully something bigger'll jump out at me tomorrow :D Also, if there's anywhere I'm going wrong, if my reasoning needs to be more detailed etc., give me a shout and I'll try my best to sort it out next time :D

Re: BBOTD 28th April Hereford 4.30 - The Snail 1 pts win @ 7/2 with Bet365 I know he's a bit of a character but he has to have a chance today. He's got a 20lbs pull on Tyup Pompey today and although beaten 8 lenghts I think can overturn that form. If he's on a going day (which isn't easy to tell) he has to be a player here.

Re: BBOTD 28th April 5.35 Brighton My Flame is back to her favourite course where her only two wins have came over this distance. Daryll Holland is back on board and as the last jockey to win on her here he should be able to steer her home. Ground is perfect and it looks set up for her to run a big race off a winnable mark. 1 Pt win 4/1 Bet365

Re: BBOTD 28th April 14:10 Bath Top weight Gee Major gets my vote in the opener here today. Nicky Vaughan's four year old has only seen the track 8 times to date so he is still lightly raced and therefore wouldn't be stupid to suggest some more improvement may come from this horse, especially over a course and distance he has previously won over twice. This horse has only had the two wins and as mentioned both those wins came over today's course and distance. Gee Major made his debut as a 2 year old in 2009 where he competed in two maiden races over 6 furlongs where he showed little form and even on his reappearance at Wolverhampton over 9 furlongs in 2010 he showed very little. He then entered handicap company off a mark of 46 over today's course and distance where he finished 5/9 - again this wasn't the best of efforts and just 8 days later he appeared at over the course and distance again off a 1lb lower mark. He clearly wasn't fancied that day and to be fair his form didn't warrant that but he ran out a 33/1 winner that day, winning by a short head when getting up to lead on the line. The trainer obviously thought he came out that race well and he followed up again over course and distance off a 6lb higher mark just 6 days later. Despite the 6lb penalty seeming quite harsh he ran out a half length winner when making every post a winning one to lead all the way. He was next out at Carlisle 13 days later off a mark 5lbs higher where he finished 4/9. He only finished 2 and a half lengths off the winner which I thought was a game effort considering this was his 4th run in less than a month and he was 10lbs higher than the mark he entered handicap company off of. He was then dropped down to 7 furlongs for his final appearance of the season, again off a mark of 56. Another poor effort suggested he is not the most straightforward but after a lengthy absence and back over a course and distance he acts over leads me to believe he should run his race today off a mark of 55. It isn't the strongest looking of race with many of these not showing much recent form at all. 1pt win Gee Major @ 11/2 (Ladbrokes - BOG)

Re: BBOTD 28th April THE PADDY PREMIUM 2.50 Perth. 0.5 points each way. Handles the ground, and although gone up to a mark of 102 without winning, I think this slightly longer trip will suit and the race will be run to suit. Plenty in the race with something to prove, so at decent odds and a decent chance, I'd be a player. I'll take the 14/1 with Stan James.

Re: BBOTD 28th April Bateleur 3.10 Bath. 0.5 points each way. Handles this fast ground and proved this course isn't a concern with a fair run last time. Gets in again off a mark of 59, and in a weak looking race I cannot see any reason why he shouldn't be fighting out the finish. Take 7/1 with Paddy for comp purposes.

Re: BBOTD 28th April 2:50 Perth - Rossini's Dancer - Back This looks one of the worst days racing in history. It's truly horrid. However, this lad looks juicily overpirced at 3/1. He comes here on the back of 2 wins in a row and has every chance of completing the hat-trick here. There are very few in opposition who arrive here in any sort of form. The ground is a slight concern as it tends to throw up some strange results when this firm, but as long as he handles the ground, 3/1 looks great value 1pt win @ 3/1 William Hill BOG

Re: BBOTD 28th April 4.40 bath dualagi e/w This horse prefers this quick ground turf to the all weather and I expect a big run. Has won over cd and gets on well with the jockey. He is one horse in the field who can handle this firm ground. Hasn't been running too badly on the all weather so hopefully he can step up his firm here today