Is this tactic allowed?

Sco

Basically Iv been looking at some bets on ladbrokes and am quite tempted, but am not sure if I am allowed to do it or not? Basically the odds for any team to win, or draw are all over 2. EG Tottenham v everton. Home draw away 2.20 3.20 2.80 Now say for example I think that everton will not win. I can put £1 on a tottenham win, and £1 on a draw. Now obviously a draw is best, but a win would still get me a gain of 20p, and a draw...1.20 gain. Now first of all is this allowed by bookies? And secondly does anyone else use this method for games they think someone will not win? Thanks and sorry for the newbie question! Sco

Re: Is this tactic allowed? Yeah thats allowed mate, you can bet on all three outcomes if you like :tongue2 hehe but yeah thats fine. If you hear people talk about laying a team then they are basically backing the win or draw for the other side - a bet on a team not to win. You can do specific lay bets at Betfair but also place amounts on 2 outcomes at a bookie like you described. If your really confident in a team not winning, its a fair enough bet. You can bet to return the same amount whether the team wins or draws or just bet enough on one outcome to cover the other. For instance a team 1/1 to win and 2/1 for the draw. You put £10 on the win and £5 on the draw. If the team wins you would win £5 overall and if the teams draws you break even. It can work the other way round too obviously. You have to be extra sure of your selection when you place these bets however as you may be staking more unless you are laying the favourite. By the way im an Everton fan, so i hope your suggestion of laying Everton was just an example! :loon :tongue2 :ok

Re: Is this tactic allowed? lol. Im afraid I am starting to think evertons bubble may be bursting! (coming from a leeds fan!) Anyway another thing I am thinking of doing is putting £1 single on 2 games I think will be draws, then putting £1 for a double for each of these. this means that if one of the bets come in as a draw, then as long as its 3.25 or above (they all are...i will make a profit. If both come in I will get £10 quid. I figure il do this 3 times, so one guess where they are both right will cover my losses, and any extra is a bonus. Sco

Re: Is this tactic allowed? I have a couple of spreadsheets in Excel. One is the old 'Not-to-lose-doubles' spreadsheet, basically 2 teams, 4 bets. It calculates the required stakes for level outcomes. I also have a single game calculator where you're backing 2 of the three options, it shows you the correct staking for an equal outcome again. PM your email address to me and I will gladly help out. Danny