BBOTD Tuesday 19th

3.10 Pontefract FLIPANDO 10/1 William Hill This is an intriguing handicap with plenty in that I like. In the hope they go quick up front I have decided to side with FLIPANDO who is an old favourite of mine. The quicker they go up top, the better for this horse as he likes to come from the back, especially over this sprint distance. Last couple of years this horse has switched to this distance with great success. FLIPANDO has run extremely well in very competitive handicaps over 6f and also has a few wins to his name. His last win on the turf came at Epsom off a mark of 94 which he runs off today. His last win came in March this year when winning well at Wolverhampton. Interestingly enough he raced up with the pace that day and has stamina held him in good stead as he was always going to hold on. I think he is far better coming from the back in a strongly run race like he did at Epsom. That day he finished with a devastating late run which is what I am hoping for today. FLIPANDO loves the ground lightning quick which is what he should get tomorrow barring a freak shower! He didn’t get his ground last time out at Doncaster where he ran pretty disappointingly. He didn’t seem to pick up like he normally does when the jockey went for him. Gibbons replaces Lee Newman which is also a positive as he seems to get on well with the horse. Hopefully there will be plenty of pace in the race. HOOF IT who is a highly progressive sprinter may just need this and is probably better over 5f. This horse is well drawn to attack, so he may be one horse to try and set the pace. INTERNATIONALDEBUT ran well last time out but has been harshly put up 4lb for finishing second in a weaker race. He also doesn’t win too often and I don’t think he will be good enough today, although I am hoping he will help force the pace from his inside draw. TOMBI is one that interests me on his first start for G Harker, as he goes well fresh and will also appreciate the quick ground. He could be well treated on his old form with the jockey taking off another 3lb. He wasn’t at his best last year but before that he was regularly running well in competitive handicaps and even in listed company. If the trainer has him ready first time up, he has a big chance. The other one that interests me in this race is CROWN CHOICE dropping back to 6f. This horse has never run at this distance before but has often looked as though a drop back in trip would be ideal. He consistently runs well over 7f, often leading into the final furlong before fading away. Think he is well worth trying over 6f and I see him and TOMBI as the main dangers to FLIPANDO. Of the remainder CORPORAL MADDOX would have been high on the list had he run better last time out but I would wait until that one shows more sparkle before getting involved with him. It’s his first run in a handicap and his mark looks pretty tough even though he has run well at listed level in the past.

Re: BBOTD Tuesday 19th 15.30 Southwell Jamaican Bolt - 1 pt win @ SP Jamaican Bolt was a good 2nd on debut showed lots of speed and ability and could go one better today with the drop of trip if he goes the same way and takes to the fibresand alright he will take all the beating

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.