Multiple Sure Bets

Hey, I've worked out a system whereby I am to increase my starting pot by quite a bit by using a simple thing called, football knowledge. Arrogance I know, I've decided that over the last couple of years I've learned what has messed me up and how I've managed to lose more often than not, not to dissimilar to a lot of gamblers but I've figured out how to change that. People need to realise, to make it big in betting patience is key, and to make sure that by betting you're not going to lose too much in case it all goes wrong. Patience and good rules in yourself are what will change you from being a loser to becoming a winner. So moving on from this I'll tell you my rules on how to make money: 1. Sure bets are the best bets. I know this may seem ridiculous in a game of chance but there are games in which you'll have a good idea of the outcome, but make sure to know that you're betting in a safe bet before you throw away all of your money on a top 5 contender match (an example being Napoli v Udinese tonight, this game is too risky to bet on due to the quality of teams being similar.) 2. Don't bet on away sides. Regardless of quality in a side big teams tend to play worst away from home, look at Manchester United's, Lazio's, Inter Milan's, Napoli's and pretty much every good side in Europe's away form and you'll see its inferior to their home form, even with higher odds away from home sides are generally completely different when facing teams away from their own turf and more than not a bet will be lost on an away game more often than a home game, stay away. 3. Never live bet. Too risky, you'll win some but in the long term you'll lose more with this option, anything can and more than likely will happen in the last 15 minutes of matches, regardless of who is playing. 4. Only bet on teams you know, even when tipped. Don't bet on the Icelandic 2nd division, the English Conference on any side you have no idea about have a knowledge about the fixtures you'll be betting on and you'll know its a lot safer for you to win. ___________________________________________________________________ Onto the betting now

Re: Multiple Sure Bets Thought I'd keep the bets as a daily update: My first bets will be: 18th April Villareal vs Zaragoza = Villareal (1.57) Dundalk vs Cliftonville = Dundalk (1.4) QPR vs Derby = QPR (1.5) I'll be betting on a trixie, a bet which consists of 4 bets, 3 doubles and one triple. If all teams win my initial outlay of £10 will grow to £24.89. While if one of the teams fail to win I should come out with about £10-£11 which is still a profit regardless of how little it is. Can we make this a discussion? If this is a 10 pound input, one 3 doubles and one triple, the potential income is: 1.57 x 1.4 x 2.5 = 5.50 1.57 x 1.5 x 2.5 = 5.89 1.5 x 1.4 x 2. 5 = 5.25 1.57 x 1.5 x 1.4 x 2.5 = 8.24 This leads the risk of one of the bets failing that it will prove costly to me, with much greater outcome. These are all safe bets, but you can always be more safe so to say: While the outcome will be nowhere near the 150% profit of a £10 bet betting individually on each of these teams at 3.33 each will give an outcome of 14.90, this reduces potential loss to a minimum if one team loses

Re: Multiple Sure Bets Well, good luck to you. Personally I don't really agree with you. I don't tend to bet on 'sure things', I make selections that represent value. For example, you say the Napoli v Udinese match was one to avoid, however I did have a bet on that game, and it was on Udinese at very nice odds. Such games do not always go your way, but as long as you bet on value, as long as you can find value, it doesn't matter if you're betting on a half chance or a long shot - home, draw or away, they all happen. As long as you bet on value, then the simplest laws of probability will mean that those long shots come in more than they should, as does everything else.

Re: Multiple Sure Bets Very true, but after coming close far too many times on Accumulators with big winnings and losing them due to the vast majority of times away matches have cost me, but I'd agree with you in the sense that Away sides can win, look at Barca and Real, both of those sides represent better money to bet on when away (when looking at H&A form) due to the odds being ever so slightly better for betting. But, I still would stay away from Manchester United away from home. In regards to this I'm thinking a 3.33 bet on each sounds like a good bet with all 3 sharing nice odds.

Re: Multiple Sure Bets If all teams win my initial outlay of £10 will grow to £24.89. While if one of the teams fail to win I should come out with about £10-£11 which is still a profit regardless of how little it is. If one team fails to win you will only get 1 double which would mean a loss.You need odds of evs and above for each team to get money back/profit if 1 team loses.

Re: Multiple Sure Bets I realised that after aderuk, I've made my bet. 18th April: Villareal vs Zaragoza = Villareal (1.57) Dundalk vs Cliftonville = Dundalk (1.4) QPR vs Derby = QPR (1.44) 3 singles 1 triple £2.50 each. Potential returns of 18.90.

Re: Multiple Sure Bets

Very true, but after coming close far too many times on Accumulators with big winnings and losing them due to the vast majority of times away matches have cost me, but I'd agree with you in the sense that Away sides can win, look at Barca and Real, both of those sides represent better money to bet on when away (when looking at H&A form) due to the odds being ever so slightly better for betting. But, I still would stay away from Manchester United away from home. In regards to this I'm thinking a 3.33 bet on each sounds like a good bet with all 3 sharing nice odds.
I concur regarding Man U. This season they are three times as good at home as away, and are in fact entirely average away. Liverpool are similarly lopsided. Barca, on the other hand, are a superior away team.