Jumps Racing - Monday 11th April 2011

400 Hexham - Andreo Bambaleo 1pt ew @ 9/1 Hills Going for the unexposed horse here on his handicap debut. Ran well LTO when finishing 2nd in a novice hurdle, which was an improvement on his previous run. Will possibly need to improve a little more to be involved at the business end here off a mark which I personally see as a decent one on debut. Step up in trip should be a help as should the faster ground than he has been running on in his previous runs. More questions than answers about the majority of the field, with Bywell Beau, Woody Valentine and Kempski all getting on and not really offering more as they age. Texas Holdem is the opposite and he seems to be flourishing with age, but he is starting to reach a handicap mark where it's not really on the lenient side. Degas Art was once a high class hurdler, placing in grade 1 novice company. Never excelled when going chasing and has never excelled in handicap hurdle's. Has come hurtling down the weights and no sign of a return to form imminent. San Deng for me is the biggest danger, but am happy at the prices to take the chance that the handicap mark set for my unexposed selection is a fair one and he can go very close here.

Re: Jumps Racing - Monday 11th April 2011 330 Hexham - Persian Prince 1pt ew @ 10/1 Bet365 A horse who comes to life during the spring as he likes the ground on the quick side. Disappointed LTO but it's easy to dismiss that as an isolated run he throws up every so often, but he never follows it's 3 years since he has had back to back poor runs. A horse that has very much matured into his racing with age and will love the extra 2f here, as all his best for is over 2m4f or slightly longer and the good quick ground is a bonus. Figures on good or quicker ground in handicap chases read 32831325. The 8 and 5 coming in races which were 17 and 18f, which have been proven during his career as too short. Based on his 2nd at Musselburgh in January his mark here looks a very decent one, with Dennis O' Regan taking the ride. Bene Lad is an obvious threat but at the prices I am happy that he will put in a good solid round of jumping here and if doing so is entitled to go very close.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.