Jumps Racing - Saturday 9th April 2011 - Including Aintree

145 Aintree - Cue Card 6pts win @ 4/1 Corals. This is a big bet from me, as far as horse racing goes. I don't think he showed his true running in the Supreme Novices at Cheltenham foor one reason or another, but I am backing him to show a big improvement for the step back up in trip, where he is a Course and Distance winner, when looking imperiously good in a Novice hurdle back in October. Going by his best run, he is around 10lbs better than anything else in this race, despite the Supreme Novices result. Even taking that into consideration he is 5lbs better off. Will handle the ground well and as already stated, will stay the full 2m4f, making him a massive chance in this race and I don't think in this company we will see 4/1 about him too often. Sam Winner if being put into the race sooner than in the triumph could go closest.

Re: Jumps Racing - Saturday 9th April 2011 - Including Aintree 1.45 Aintree SAM WINNER 5 pts 11/2 Coral Great race to start the day and this was an extremely hard decision. I backed SAM WINNER at the festival and could not believe my eyes when he was was 20 lengths behind coming to the second last fence only to close hand over fist up the straight to finish just over 5 lengths behind ZARKANDAR. The horse definitely shapes like staying this trip but only time will tell. I hope that the step up in trip is what the horse needs to show his true colours. SPIRIT SON to me also shaped liked he will stay this extra distance but the way he swerved right on the run-in at the festival puts me off that one. Ruby Walsh prefers SAM WINNER to ROCK ON RUBY which is good enough for me. Although ROCK ON RUBY is proven to stay this far, I think SAM WINNER can improve for the step up in trip. CUE CARD is another obvious danger but I just don't fancy him. Came there travelling strongly at Cheltenham and found very little. RECESSION PROOF has improved all year and the stable is in cracking form so maybe this horse can sneak a place. The only other horse I give a slight chance to is REBEL REBELLION. Improved markedly since having a breathing operation winning twice very easily. This is the true test for that horse though. The way SAM WINNER stayed on at Cheltenham after being outpaced, gave me the impression he will improve stepping up to this trip. He also gets weight from the whole field.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.