Flat Racing: 7th Apr 2011

5.30 Ripon Class 4, 6f handicap over the straight track at Ripon and there's 12 runners currently in. I can't be having lto winner Sir Nod but I do think Great Charm is a danger from a stable amongst the winners. However, the one for me that has most going for it is: Coolminx (RPF 10/1) - Races here off 2nd top weight and, on the best of its form, that's fully justified. A much easier race than it normally contests combined with an easing in mark & a 5lb claimer swings the balance in favour of my charge. With the new draw numbering in place, high numbers are expected to hold sway so box 10 of 12 is a positive. Hails from a stable too in cracking form, just like it was at this time last year. As a 2yo, won its first 2 starts before running a cracker in 2nd in a listed event at York. That earnt the horse a handicap mark of 93. Has since run 7 times without winning but you can read more into it than that. 4 times it has raced & been ouitclassed in Class 2 although one effort was extremely promising over at HQ. Ran well off 90 in one of the other races, although mark and Class 3 was just beyond this one. Its most promising run was under this jockey off 86 (2lb lower today), when a fast finishing unlucky 2nd at Newcastle when not getting the clearest of runs. Lto, was over 7f, a trip too far, but did ok on its AW debut and that run will have sharpened the horse up. With that run under its belt, a good draw and a nice mark, I fancy this one to give its running and go very close.

Re: Flat Racing: 7th Apr 2011 Kempton 8:55 Sunshine Always 10-3 Coral 1 POINT WIN Previous C&D winner was narrowly beaten last time out over C&D but should come on for the run as it was only its second run since a long break. Horse is steadily improving and looking to get back to where it was once at, winning here over C&D off a mark of 80 with Ryan Moore on board at one stage. Jemma Marshall takes the ride and she is a capable pilot, claiming 5lbs meaning the official mark is actually 68. Field looks pretty weak and this horse makes the most appeal on current and past form.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.