Flat Racing: 26th Mar 2011

17.20 Lingfield 1m, Class 4 handicap with 8 facing the starter. This one looks a tight contest on paper with several in with chances, however the key to this race could be the amount of pace. To that end, I'm taking the only front runner in the field in: Dens Gift (8/1 William Hill BOG) - I don't see how this one will go off anywhere near this price tomorrow. Up against 7 other hold up types, I just feel that it will be able to dictate the pace and that should improve his chance massively. Hails from a stable in form, 4 winners from his last 8 runners and a jockey 1 from 1 in 2011. Fav track, best trip and now back on its last winning mark, everything looks perfect for a big run. Last win was off this mark 12 months ago, in a grade higher than this, and since then has run well either in grades or off marks a little too high. Last couple of runs haven't been the best off this sort of mark but the fast pace hasn't helped this pace pusher. Assuming a controlled ride from the front, I think this price looks huge. The other very big positive is that the jockey, my favourite 3lb claimer, dashes from a ride in the 3.35 at Kempton to this track for just the 1 ride, a pointer in itself. Paying 3 places at present, I'll take the price on offer and hope my charge can fend off the challengers.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.