Flat Racing: 23rd Mar 2011

20.20 Kempton A small field of just 7 lining up, meaning we only get paid on the 2 places but I do fancy one at an EW price. Sweet Origin could be anything and no surprise to see it trot up but I'm a little wary as to what this lightly raced type has achieved and Evs is too short. Sir Boss is the other in form one but a combination of mark and class both being raised puts enough doubt in my mind. The one I want to be on is: Russian George (13/2 Betfred BOG) - Only its 3rd time on the AW but shown enough lto to suggest it won't be a problem. There are a few things I like about this one; firstly, a horse racing in its grade and one that ran well lto when a staying on 4th off 1lb higher. That was its reappearance effort and the only time it's failed to win coming back after an absence. Having said that, it's never reappeared this early in the season so I expect a bit better tonight. Both it's flat runs have come on tracks with long run ins so I think the extra distance of the straight at Kempton may just suit. Has an excellent record over the sticks, winning its last 2, so will have no issues with the trip. Record in its last 3 seasons for its first 2 runs reads 1-2, 1-3 and 4-?. Hoping it's a win tonight. Top jockey on board, rail draw meaning it can go the shortest way round and a faster surface than at Wolverhampton (which will suit), I can see this one going well, especially as many have something to prove in this grade.

Flat Racing ~Wed 23rd Mar 2011 Sport Horse Racing Event 8.50 KEMPTON Selection EDGEWATER (Each-way) Strength 5/10 Date 23/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 7.00 Reasoning This one caught my eye lto when running on 4th and was 1st run from a break so will strip fitter for that and the extra 1f will suit tonight. Was backed into 16''s from much bigger last run so any support in the betting would indicate another strong run. IMO looks very hard to keep out of the places and looks e/w bet to nothing. Sport Horse Racing Event 9.20 KEMPTON Selection HI SPEC (Each-way) Strength 2/10 Date 23/03/2011 Bookmaker/Price Bet365 @ 26.00 Reasoning Has a squeak at a big price. Well capable of taking a hand in this poor grade even on a 2lb higher mark than highest win. Trainer and Jock combine well.