How much is a loaf of bread? (FAO Alun Bowden ;) )

GaF

Re: How much is a loaf of bread? (FAO Alun Bowden ;) )

dough not believe I just read through this whole(meal) thread. My life must be toast.
:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin Oh crumbs! You really made me loaf out loud with that!

Re: How much is a loaf of bread? (FAO Alun Bowden ;) ) just to get it right a loaf of bread is a whole bread yes? Which is about over 1kg normally. In my favourite bakery I pay about 2.39 Euro for a quater loaf, but only in evening in the last hour before they close. And it is normal prize not expensive at all. So I think 1.20 is quite cheap

just to get it right a loaf of bread is a whole bread yes? Which is about over 1kg normally. In my favourite bakery I pay about 2.39 Euro for a quater loaf, but only in evening in the last hour before they close. And it is normal prize not expensive at all. So I think 1.20 is quite cheap
Our full size loaf is 800g.

Re: How much is a loaf of bread? (FAO Alun Bowden ;) ) ah thanks GaF, misunderstanding than, this is toast not bread, :rollin well over here we call it toast, I not even know what it costs in Germany as I honestly not have it often, every other year perhaps, but I would say you get a package very cheap maybe 65 cent/euro cent, aldi even cheaper

ah thanks GaF' date=' misunderstanding than, this is toast not bread, :rollin well over here we call it toast, I not even know what it costs in Germany as I honestly not have it often, every other year perhaps, but I would say you get a package very cheap maybe 65 cent/euro cent, aldi even cheaper[/quote'] isnt toast bread anyway :unsure;);)

isnt toast bread anyway :unsure;);)
sort of, in germany is called toastbread, but i dont know it is not proper bread here, some have it for breakfast sometimes i think, you not get it in a bakery usually, just in supermarkets in slices

• 2 weeks later...

Re: How much is a loaf of bread? (FAO Alun Bowden ;) ) Think my kids must all be French as don't eat bread only cakes!! Best bet is to shoplift all the really expensive, small items in your trolley thus reducing the overall cost of weekly shop ie price of a loaf etc,as prices and VAT goes up, just means you need to focus on the dearer items,just need a bigger coat now.

Think my kids must all be French as don't eat bread only cakes!! Best bet is to shoplift all the really expensive, small items in your trolley thus reducing the overall cost of weekly shop ie price of a loaf etc,as prices and VAT goes up, just means you need to focus on the dearer items,just need a bigger coat now.
Every year at work we have to watch a dvd made by an ex pro shoplifter. I think 1/ This was good to watch but 2/ He has shown us how to shoplift.:eek

Re: How much is a loaf of bread? (FAO Alun Bowden ;) ) Warburtons White bread £1 Warburtons Wholemeal £1.35 We spend average about £14 a week on Bread and lets talk about the cost of Milk. Used to be able to get 2x4pinters for £1.50, Now it's 2 for £2 Average shop on milk is £16.

Used to be able to get 2x4pinters for £1.50, Now it's 2 for £2
To be honest - when I'm looking at prices (whether instore or online) I always look at the cost per 100ml (or 100g) and only take a cursory glance at the actual price of what I'm buying - so dont actually really know the cost of an item (that includes for bread). For milk I currently pay 4.4p per 100ml and cannot remember it being any less than that :unsure (which works out at £2 for 8 pints) - http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/shelves/Fresh_Milk_in_ASDA.html

Strangely not the same as we know it Al. Denmark is the same' date=' it's called toastbread which is just a type of bread, but not toasted - strange (for us) but true. ;)[/quote'] In Germany we toast it, that why it is called toastbread as it is for toasting, we would not eat it untoasted, even though there are now some snackstands in innercity where they sell sandwiches on sandwichbread which is same consistent than toastbread just bit bigger and it is served untoasted. I find this awful. I know from others that the thing which Germans and Austrians miss most in England is "real" bread. As all you get in supermarket is this toastbread stuff, and in some pubs and snacksheds you get a sandwich with untoasted thingis than. Had something good though, when I was Aupair, I really improved my baking (and cooking) and made my own bread. Now old and lazy as I am :lol when I go to England, I go always to my favourite bakery the day before, buy a few different types, put in laguage, put in freezer in destination flat what I not need and have whole time nice tasty bread. And well should I have the need of having a toast I use english "bread"