Negreanu v Isildur match

GaF

Re: Negreanu v Isildur match

I'm half expecting Negreanu to suggest that Pokerstars is actually Ultimate Bets sister company, and that Isildur is in fact Russ Hamiltons long lost Scandanavian son, spawned from a one time stand with Annie Duke.:) ..... or excuses of a similar ilk
Negraneau won .......... theres another conspiracy theory for you:rollin:rollin

Re: Negreanu v Isildur match

Heads up is surely the least card dependent form of poker therefore the least luck(variance?) dependent. Huge swings happen because when players play badly bad play is far easier to exploit if there is only you at the table to exploit it:unsure. If two equal players play then the player playing closest to his A game will win. If I play you or Gaf heads up you will both win, I will put money on that:loon If you want to try me at omaha hi/lo I would hope to see a different outcome.
I think you're fundamentally right but i think the reason why most people in online poker sees HU as the most swingy is because everyone plays HU really solidly unless you're bumhunting. So i think you're right, and the reason you're right is the reason HU is so swingy - there's not too many fish out there to exploit.

Re: Negreanu v Isildur match I watched some of the match (this week and last) and DN certainly did get his share of coolers and suck outs but I still think he was comprehensively outplayed. He did well to come back but at the time Isildur was playing 2 other tourneys as well as the 4 HU tables and it seemed to come undone when DN started sitting out or the tables breaking from 3 to 4 etc. Some of the hands looked as if Isildur was just gambling to try and wipe out DN. I don't really care much for the battle of egos but I think DN is a little classless moaning about "running good" at the end of last week and even during the game this week. Isildur may well have hit some runner runners but I would wager that he was way ahead stat wise where no hands were shown. He had DN tied up in knots. Having seen all the HSP episodes where DN also "runs bad" I have to say that I get annoyed with him saying "I know I'm beat but....". If he's as good as he claims he is surely he can fold. People can throw the pot odds arguement around as much as they like but if you know your beat paying off an opponent is just piss poor play. I just wish I had the balls of these two to be throwing in 4 and even 5 bets with J6os. I wouldn't even do that at 1/2c level.