Jumps Racing - Sunday 27th of February

3:10 Fontwell - Skipper's Lad - 2pts @ 20/1 (VC) Poor recent efforts but is finally given some leeway by the handicapper, who deems fit to drop him 8lbs for his recent poor effort over 3m 2f at Wincanton. However, he paid dearly for trying to keep up with a suicidal pace and ended up pulling up 2 out when in with no chance. Skipper's Lad is now dropped back in trip on ground that should suit and returns to a track where he has run relatively well before. He's 8lbs below his last winning mark, 11lbs if you include Sam Twiston-Davies' valuable 3lb claim, and I think it should put him back in with a chance here. Another interesting thing is that his usual combination of tongue-tie + blinkers is now reapplied, with the tongue tie being absent last twice. Both his career wins (in Oct '09) were achieved with both of those on board. He's obviously a fairly regressive horse and not one to put much trust in but his yard are in good knick, have a fine record around here and Twiston-Davies is 4 from 14 over fences for the yard. This is his only ride of the day and he'll hopefully make it count. The Tizzard yard also run Rateable Value in this race, and he seems to be the first choice animal but he's too short for me to get involved with, especially after a poor enough run last time out. A few other runners come into the equation but Skipper's Lad looks the best value to me, and at 20/1, he's worth a small bet. He'll either win at a canter, or tail off!

Re: Jumps Racing - Saturday 27th of February It's SUNDAY today Monte, don't know if it's possible to change the thread title. There's a few that I've followed for a while out today: 345 Font: Karabak, by my beloved Kayahsi, Karabak has always been inconsistent to back but at 5/2 or 9/4 available everywhere, I'll include in some accas today. This is his main target, bypassing Cheltenham, for the season, I always feel 3m is maybe a touch too much for him, this 2m4f should suit better. Celestial Halo is a big danger is back to his best, but that's always debatable these days but recent showing was much more like it, though the extra half a mile might not be the best way to use him. Another Kayashi gelding, Sentry Duty, could come into it too, but hard to predict too. 230 Toaster: Buddy Holly I know, I'm a tart it's named after a Weezer song, been following this one for a few years now and he's made decent start to his hurdling career, beating a Hobbs/Johnston "Pateese" who has since won and now has a Cheltenham entry. On that form he's decent value here at 5/1 generally and worth backing e/w for the place. I'm still waiting to see with the Irish ones, but Psycho, Dante's King and Pittoni are all running today, so plenty to get stuck into later GL all.:hope

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.