Flat Racing - 25th Feb

3.05 Lingfield - Indian Violet 11/2 WH This will be the 4th time in a row i've backed this one and definitely the last if he fails to win. Really didnt want to but feel he may get a race run to suit back down to his last winning trip. Won cosily over course and distance in a class 6 handicap off 6lbs lower 5 starts ago and has proved he can go close off this mark in his last 2 starts. The lack of pace on here worries me, Chief Exec (who i was very interested in) and Pedar Miguel will need a good gallop i think and i cant see where that's guna come from. Indian Violet will most likely sit handy and often travels well, without there being a frantic gallop i think this one will get first run on some of these and hit the front at some point. Sheena West has got her string in good form and i expect this one to go close, going each way due to the frustrating nature of this one. 7.25 Wolverhampton - Loyalty 9/2 WH Unlike the 3.05 this race has bags of pace on and i think this will suit one that comes from off the pace. Danderek, Kidlat and Thunderstruck will no doubt be vying for a prominent/leading position which could set this up for a closer. Snow Dancer is 6lbs higher for her win last time out with Loyalty half a length behind in third. Loyalty sat quite handy that day with his strongest form being when held up, im hoping he's held up today. He's proved himself over course and distance and in this grade, with Thunderstuck at 11/4 to reverse the placings with Snow Dancer and Loyalty 9/2, plus with a race run more to suit i'll be on Loyalty.

Re: Flat Racing - 25th Feb Friday: 19.25 Wolverhampton This race see's Snow Dancer try to make it 2 wins in a row carrying a 6lb penalty but, despite the fact i was on him last time out, i think there are others who will benefit from his penalty. Thunderstruck is in good form and has a chance but is far too short for my liking so instead i will opt for Loyalty. Loyalty was on my shortlist when he ran against both Thunderstruck and Snow Dancer last time out and i think here he can come out on top. He ran a good race then and the time before could have won had it not been for the fact he was hit over the head by a rivals whip. He is a course and distance winner and bottom of the weights here so i think is very well handicapped and able to record a win in this contest. Not the largest stake because i do like the chance of Thunderstruck but the price has put me off that runner. I will also go with a big priced outsider that could turn out to be a great spot or i could see him come in last and look back on it as throwing money away. That runner is Plush. He is an experienced campaigner with plenty of track experience as all of his 7 AW wins have come over this c&d. Yes, only one of those was in a class this high but those statistics are still impressive. His last run was his first for a good few months and the fact he started slowly did him no favours although i suspect that was just a race to build up race fitness. He has won off a mark higher than this so, if producing a solid run, i feel he has a good chance of a place which will provide a good return, and who knows he may even come out on top. I also think he is a touch bigger than he should be. 2/5pts Loyalty to win - 9/2 with Boylesports 0.5pts E/W Plush to win - 20/1 with Boylesports

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.