Cash Strategy Pt:II

Nade

UTG had been playing 32/27, LAG style but didn't seem like a total monkey. Poker Stars $100.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1194819 DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter UTG: $117.60 Hero (MP): $172.40 CO: $105.15 BTN: $135.40 SB: $33.50 BB: $84.75 Pre Flop: ($1.50) Hero is MP with Kheart.png Aheart.png UTG raises to $4, Hero calls $4, 4 folds Flop: ($9.50) Kdiamond.png Tspade.png 8diamond.png (2 players) UTG bets $7.00, Hero calls $7 Turn: ($23.50) 7heart.png (2 players) UTG bets $16.00, Hero calls $16 River: ($55.50) 8spade.png (2 players) UTG bets $42.00, Hero ? He's bet about 4/6ths pot on the river. Would anyone have played it different? What range can we put him on the river?

Re: Cash Strategy Pt:II Firstly, i decided to flat AKs pre flop because of the positions 3betting AK is almost turning it into a bluff though he is loose so 3betting has a little more merit. Raising the flop is an option as there's not too much we're losing to, but he does have AA,KT,KK,TT,88 maybe even T8s in his range and there's barely any hands that will bet/call this flop. Maybe KQs,KJs with back-door spades. So though we could raise for some value and protection if we face further action we'll probably have to fold as our range looks a lot stronger than just top pair. The river pairs and he bombs it. There's virtually no 8x in my range, only 88, it's very unlikely i have J9s because of the positions, i may have raised TT or 88 on the flop, and all the other draws bricked the river. So in villains mind there's really not much i can have here that can withstand 3barrels and he can well have all the hands mentioned before. So we have to think is he on that level where he's considering what i can realistically have/call down with and making a bluff? Or does he have a big value hand? I expect good aggressive players to be considering what their opponents can and can't call down with so i plumped for a call expecting he's thinking i can't call down with much but i pretty much have the top of my calling range on river. He had TT, so what can we learn? Maybe he won't fire a third barrel on a blank without a big hand on such a drawey board. He'll be a little less likely to barrel bluff us in the immediate future as he's seen us call down with one pair here. Take a note of bet sizing - he bet 4/6ths for value, will be bet bluffs smaller?