BBOTD - 18th of Feb

Aidymac

Stow - Newbury 12:10 I like the chances of this horse tomorrow, i think its a big price. Venetia Williams has had a good start to the season. Tomorrows race is a Class 3 race over 3 miles on soft ground. I think the extra 2 furlongs may have been too much for Stow at Huntingdon last time out and the step back to 3m is what it needs. It has also been dropped 1 pound back to 117, the same mark it ran off two outings ago at Chepstow when it ran a fine race behind the impressive winner Universal Soldier, and that day it had Miss Overdrive back in 4th. That was a Class 3 race over 3m on soft ground. On its previous outing, also at Chepstow, it won over same trip and conditions and actually hit a high of 1000 in running that day, getting up to win by a short-head to defeat Radmores Revenge. Everything looks right for it to have a big run again tomorrow. 1 Point win @ 16/1 (Coral) BOG

Re: BBOTD - 18th of Feb Sports Line 1.15 Newbury 11-2 W. Hill (BOG) - WIN (Content copied from last Saturday) Personal opinion but I feel Tchico Polos could be overrated and I'm not too keen on it today. Sports Line was well fancied for the Arkle but has been running too freely. When you look back at its hurdles form it has often led or raced prominently and won races like that but its best form as a chaser has been when ridden with some restraint, 2nd in a Grade 1 novice chase and raced in 3rd and 3rd to Captain Cee Bee when held up early. Timmy Murphy was due to ride last week, which I thought was a plus for a hold up horse but Jason Maguire is in fair form and won today on hotshot Peddlers Cross. It has a win and 2 places from 5 chases and still improving. I feel this could be a bit better than its current rating of 147. No concerns with trip, should go on the ground (has won on soft and heavy). French Opera beat Tchico Polos by 6 lengths and would be the main danger but was last in its last race so doubts there.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.