BBOTD - 10th of Feb

I am changing my strategy and im going to try look for e/w value in very competitive handicaps that offer good prices.. Hopefully this new strategy will be a success.. Ginger gave me advice on how to try to work out my own tissue to try find value so i might be terrible, but it wont be for a lack of trying! Behindcloseddoors - Huntingdon 3:40 There are several horses in this race that i feel are a tad overpriced, some i feel are underpriced and some i feel are fairly priced.. Its not just about finding value, i want my selections trainer to be in reasonably decent form and i want to have a jockey in form on my side also. My selection is trained by Kim Bailey who has had 5 winners and 5 places from her last 40 runners, a 12.5% win strike-rate and a 25% place strike-rate so she is in reasonable form. The jockey is Jason Maguire who has had a tremendous season thus far, who has had an impressive 11 wins and 8 places from his last 40 rides, a 27.55% win strike-rate and a whopping 47.62% place strike-rate. When the team pair up for Turf Hurdles, they are 15 wins and 11 places from 109 races, showing a profit of +£7.62 to Level Stakes. Onto the horse and although it has an opening handicap mark of 114 which is a stiff mark to be starting out on, it ran a fine race last time out at Wincanton when it was 2nd of 18 to Furrows, who was a shock winner @ 66/1, it went down by a neck and had a Paul Nicholls horse back in 3rd, it was a Class 4 Novices Hurdle and i think a few winners will come out of that race. My selection looked a sure winner that day as it traded @ 1.1 in running. The step up in trip could well suit my selection further and i like the fact Maguire is in the saddle again as like last time. It has run at Huntingdon previously twice, on its debut when it ran a very nice race on good ground when 4th of 16 over 1m 6f, after which it then went on to win a bumper at Lingfield for Pam Sly. It ran at Huntingdon again two runs back when it was 6th of 13 but that was on soft ground and i am convinced it is a better horse on good ground. When doing up my tissue and taking everything into consideration, i made this animal a 5/1 shot in my book so the 8/1 is very appealing to me especially with 4 places on offer. There are 2 others in the race that i feel are a tad overpriced and may be threats to my selection, firstly being Kavaloti who is a lightly-raced horse trained by Gary Moore, being ridden by Jamie and could be anything after having a long break, i think the 25/1 about that horse is overpriced. The other danger i feel could be Special Day who if re-capturing its old form would win this at a canter, it hacked up over 2m 3f at Newbury in 2008 and has not had many runs since and @ 22/1 may also have a squeak at a price. However i feel Behindcloseddoors holds a very good chance tomorrow and with 4 places on offer, i shall be backing it e/w. 0.5 Points e/w @ 8/1 (Bet365) BOG

Re: BBOTD - 10th of Feb

1Ingleby Arch @ SP
Stake: 1.00 Single
Potential Winnings: SP £1 win @ sp 3.20 southwell beaten favourite last time out,ran wide round the bend and after a few slaps was finishing well,can reverse the form with punching who just held on to win,course and distance winner which at the end of last year was racing in class 2 races,again gets the nod off (H) who knows his nags posted early as out all day tomorrow

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.